or Connect

Posts by mstone

Catholicism is part of the social fabric of Central America. Even people who wear a star of david are still considered christians. I'm not against christmas at all. I just see it for what it is. I would never deny a child the joy of celebrating christmas. They are too young to know the meaning anyway. We put up a christmas tree and lights and invite people over for a party every year, but there is no prayer or anything remotely religious about it.
Not in Panama or Costa Rica. It is a full schedule of events during the days leading up to christmas day with lots of nativity plays and christmas music concerts but we don't count the 12 days off. In my town we have a central plaza where they perform the christmas story with about ten different Mary and Jesus actors. It is really amusing, but lots of people get to play the parts. Everyone really enjoys it.
Some might think decorating a church as sacrilege for celebrating a pagan observance. Not me. I don't care what any religion does so long as they stay out of my affairs. I just don't think churches should receive tax free status in the US.
"god will provide himself a sacrifice." genesis 22:8. There is this thing called prophesy. You might have heard of it.
You want to talk about persecuting christians, take a quick trip to Iraq and take up a cross. In Iraq, christians are considered liberals. We are talking about a friendly greeting not your head stuck on a pole.
Asia is a continent and so is Europe. They are connected so they can't both be islands. If not for the Suez and Panama canals the same would be true of North and South America as well as Asia and Africa.
Happy holidays is still better even with christians because if they are super devout messianic jewish christians, like the christians of the bible, then they could be just as offended by greeting them with merry christmas as they would be with you saying happy halloween in October.
What I meant is why is it not generic? As I'm sure you know, christmas is not in the old or new testament. Likewise neither is hanukkah in the hebrew bible. They are both make believe religious holidays. The second part of the question is why does a greeting so mundane and lacking connotation offend you?
Yeah, I wonder why they didn't put it in Panama which is connected with many more network infrastructure providers and a much friendlier government. http://submarine-cable-map-2014.telegeography.com/
That is one way to look at it, however I think at least in english speaking countries it means enjoy the extra days off from work or school in the next few weeks. One person mentioned that christmas is a national holiday in the US. If it was a completely religious holiday then it would be wrong to make people work on christmas day if they were christians, but christian police officers, doctors, military, tow truck drivers, 7-eleven cashiers, oh wait...