or Connect

Posts by mstone

It is an interesting situation. If Apple was going to maintain two different models they normally would have lowered the price of the existing model when they released the new model, like they do with iPhones, but in this case they lowered the price quite awhile before the release of the new model. Although I don't know much about the use of Apple TV to control HomeKit, it was mentioned somewhere that you would have to be logged into your Apple ID on both the iPhone and...
According to Google there are 196 countries so more than half require an ID.
When driving anywhere in the world you need to carry your drivers license although in some countries and states you could present it later if you didn't have it, but you can save yourself some aggravation if you carry it with you should a police officer ask for it. Anyway, that is why I used the drivers license in my example. In Panama, my other residence, you are required to have in your possession either a passport if a visitor or a cedula (Panama photo ID 18 years or...
I'll refer you to this web page that lists the 20 biggest retailer data breeches of 2014. http://www.forbes.com/sites/moneybuilder/2015/01/13/the-big-data-breaches-of-2014/
It helps in a couple of ways.1) The retailer does not have your name linked to what you bought.2) Your card data is not stored on their servers for hackers steal. I've found it to be quite a bit slower. I attribute that to the extra trip the data makes to Apple servers before hitting the merchant gateway. Honestly how hard is it to swipe your card? If you are using an iPhone, you still have to take it out of your pocket, touch the home button for a couple seconds and put...
IBM and I would beg to differ.
SQL is a standard which is probably why Foundation DB added it to their key value layer.
 I don't see how it would be any faster just because it is mobile. Mobile is usually slower compared to a desktop anyway because the CPU is underpowered and there is not a lot of Ram. If we are still talking about web server scripting such as PHP vs. Swift, the only thing that could make one faster than the other is if it can render the page into HTML or return a JSON object faster. I suspect it will be hard to beat PHP because PHP is compiled directly into the Apache...
So now IBM is going to be building Hackintoshes? ¡No way José!
It seems to me that if Swift functionality was equivalent to PHP such that it was essentially a tag replacement runtime engine like all the others including Coldfusion .Net, or RoR, etc., there would still have to be a compelling reason to port existing web apps to Swift. Unless it is light years faster or more secure and have a large enough developer base, I don't see it displacing PHP. It is really expensive to rewrite software. If your app is already tested and...