or Connect

Posts by mstone

Unless you have an iPad mounted up high on the dash where a nav system would be, the temptation to look down at your tiny iPhone screen could be dangerous. All modern nav systems have turn by turn voice now. I was using an iPad in a vehicle that did not have a nav system, and you couldn't even hear it over the road noise. Sure we could have figured out how to connect it to the car speakers but we didn't have the correct cabling. We ended up missing a freeway interchange...
Even Adobe does not use Flash on their web site except on their download Flash test page. In terms of mobile devices they have Mobile Device Packaging for Flash which converts it to either an app or HTML5. Works really well. Flash Pro is a great platform for creating HTML5 content.
I think Dodge uses NAVTEQ   I still like onboard nav systems better than trying to download data over cell network.
Unless they made a derivative of Myriad there are only Regular and Light in the official Myriad Pro typeface, Opentype and Multiple Master Postscript. (there is also Semibold, Bold and Black obviously, but that wouldn't be slimmer). From what I am able to see in this low res image this van label appears to be Myriad Regular. 
Apple better fix this quickly with 9/11 approaching. It was only a couple years ago that they allowed Siri to dial 911 after some blind people could not reach emergency service because they only knew how to ask Siri to call the phone numbers they needed and never used the keypad.
How many does he have? 
It might be that simple but the design and engineering gets locked a couple years out. They don't usually change the specs after they finalize the design unless something is broken. They sign contracts with suppliers pretty far in advance as well. They also have to test everything very carefully or open themselves up to potential product recalls. Those infotainment units are quite complex as they integrate all the various sensors and computers onboard. Plus it is not just...
You do realize that Apple is most likely already hard at work on iPhone 7 which won't be released for two years?
I've never heard a Taylor Swift song but I have everything Lana (aka Lizzy) has ever released. Her lyrics are very clever. Not just another pretty face.
According to the iFixit teardowns, the iMac uses WD Black and the Time Capsule uses a Seagate Barracuda. Similar dives but I'd say the Time Capsule doesn't get as much of a workout as the iMac and probably not as hot either. We had a bunch of WD Blacks from that same time period that failed rather quickly. Prior to that we've had very good service from them. Not sure what changed. They don't specify a MTBF for that drive. WD does make a real enterprise grade drive called...