or Connect

Posts by mstone

What does this mean? If Lee's stake in Beats was drawn down to nothing prior to the Apple buyout, how can he be owed anything?
Probably, but that doesn't seem to be the main thrust of your rant. You have issues with Adobe and your own misfortune a lot more than you have issues with my elitist attitude. Just to clarify, I did not call you a cheapskate, that is, unless you were using pirated software. As a small freelancer you should be happy that Adobe CC is nearly impossible to pirate because now honest designers are on a level playing field and not being unfairly competed against by illegal...
Perhaps you and your friends don't use email so much and prefer iMessage or whatever and you are correct that consumer email traffic is expected to decrease slightly over the next few years. On the other hand business email traffic and business accounts are dramatically increasing every year. Personally I dislike Apple Mail, especially on iOS. Couple main complaints off the top of my head. I think they should put the trash can on the side of the bottom menu. I can't tell...
Adobe CC is for professionals who make a living using the products. Adobe does not care about casual users or hobbyists. It has always been that way. A decade ago, every cheapskate had a bootleg copy. Now, with CC, only professionals who can afford the subscription can use the software and for that I am very grateful. We have nine offices worldwide and we are standardized on Adobe CC which facilitates a very efficient work flow for us.
I think the main reason in the beginning is that Apple News is a custom format that has to be authored much like iBooks. Once the major publishers of news are on board with the proprietary format then they will have more diverse content. I think making the authoring software available to regular Apple users to develop their skills would open up some great employment opportunities at major news outlets just like being proficient in Adobe design apps will pretty much...
I think the idea is to empower women to write iOS and OS X apps for themselves or their employer, not recruiting them to work at Apple, but if they turn out to be talented enough that Apple hires them, you can be sure they will earn more money than working for just about any other tech company out there. Many small start ups currently employ male and maybe female programmers who are working for free just for the chance to make it big someday. The anti-poaching deals were...
I'm still unclear where you set up these homes, rooms and scenes. If you have lights from company A and garage door from company B and each need their own app, how/where do you combine them into a scene?
I had the same concerns about multi-person control. With TV as the hub it has to be logged in with the same Apple ID as the iPhone. I supposed Apple wants you to buy a second TV for your spouse.
This HomeKit stuff is very cool and interesting. I'm planning to build it into my new house, but I wonder if it is more trouble setting up all the scenes and adjusting them as conditions change than it would be to just do it yourself as we've been doing forever. I mean I really don't ever say to myself, boy it would be nice if I didn't have get up and open the curtains in the morning, just press a button on my iPhone.
Siri has always been really good with sports and also making calls, texts and reminders. Where she still sucks is finding very specific information on the web. I always ask Siri first but usually end up using Google, or asking Siri to use Google. Recently she said she had no information on a particular subject yet displayed the exact answer I was looking for in the search query results. She should be able to at least read her own web search. I recently asked her for...