or Connect

Posts by mstone

Why and why? - Honest questions.
Season's Greetings has become the common way to wish someone a good holiday just like "have a nice weekend" it is generic. You wouldn't say "enjoy sunday mass this weekend" would you? Businesses send out greeting cards during the holiday season to their clients and vendors, most with seasonal non-religious messages in order to be polite, not knowing whether they are devoutly religious or not. People who think Christmas is a religious holiday have nothing to back that up in...
Christmas is celebrated by many non-christians around the world. It is mostly referred to as x-mas in non-christian countries. In Japan, Korea, Vietnam, and even some arab countries you will see shopping malls with traditional decorations and people buying and wrapping gifts. Most people enjoy a holiday. Even in regions that used to be predominately christian like Europe and the US it is mostly a secular holiday. Christmas was not celebrated by the christians in the bible...
Right, my failure of leadership. I'm not Apple or IBM. I can't afford to mentor young people with no experience for years and develop their untapped potential. When I am looking for additional workers it is usually a more immediate need. That said one of our top programmers did just walk in off the street looking for a job with very little experience. But that is like winning the lottery. It is not going to happen again.
I did some quick measurements in Illustrator with Photoshop. Now it looks like a 4.7 not 5,5
You are right and I am not particularly proud of it, but I can't find any qualified workers anywhere else. I wish they had green cards and I would be perfectly willing to pay their Social Security and taxes but that is not easy to do since they are undocumented. I need stuff done on my house and that is about the only way to get it done right away because licensed contractors in SoCal are notoriously unreliable and they hire the same undocumented workers anyway.  The...
I suppose it depends on the numbers. Beats is a relatively new service. I wonder what the breakdown is of Android paying accounts verses iOS paid accounts. We've discussed at times that Android people don't like to pay. Does Beats, or did Beats have a web based service? Edit looks like they do have a web player.
I don't think so.To me, it seems much better to keep making iOS devices more desirable so Android users switch. Remember, iTunes for Windows was necessary because you needed a computer to activate an iPhone and many iPhone buyers were Windows users. That is no longer the case, you don't need a computer. iTunes for Windows is becoming less relevant everyday. They already canceled Safari for Windows.
Really? I thought that was part of the issue with the no poaching pact. Intelligent and productive employees are ALL working somewhere so you have to somehow find them, convince them and train them, only for them to get poached by some other company. It is not like driving down to Fry's Electronics and they are waiting outside like the day laborers waiting outside of Home Depot.
I can only speak for myself, but I do care if it is on Google Play or not. I would prefer 'not'.