or Connect

Posts by mstone

There are a lot of major third party apps that do not use the Mac app store or Xcode exclusively for development such as Adobe CC. Apple can't leave all those people out in the cold. I know the majority of the people on this forum do not use that suite but it is the most popular graphics application suite for Mac. There are many others such as Firefox and Chrome, 1password, littleSnitch, Skype, Transmission, VLC, Google Earth, Mathmatica, R, Dropbox, Spotify, HandBrake,...
Rosetta déjà vu all over again.
I noticed on the iFixit site they say it has:   NXP 65V10 NFC Controller (also found in the iPhone 6/6 Plus, as well as Nexus 5Xand 6P marked NXP 54802)   On Apple's site they make no mention of NFC but offer Apple Pay only through apps.
They are both general purpose computing devices. But iPad is like getting your meal at a fast food drive-through, where as the Mac is more like preparing your own gourmet meal.
Doesn't sound like such a good idea, but if you were to do it, you could run two different OS versions simultaneously, one in the background. The laptop version activates only when the screen is attached. The tablet version activates when the screen is detached. Using something like continuity could sync files between the two.  You'd have to have a pretty big battery though.
Sounds good. I've wanted a system like this for some time. 
Not very ergonomical. Employee productivity decrease with fatigue and I see a lot of neck and back strain in that photo.  
It is just my experience and job tasks that involve working directly with files. I have hundreds of thousands of files and I do a pretty good job of keeping them organized. I use a pseudo meta-data system of my own design utilizing file naming conventions. I use extremely long, very descriptive file names that also include a literature number, the date and revision number. Our company has ISO compliance and this type of file management is required by the auditors. I also...
That might be appropriate for some types of workflow. Where the files are located is extremely important in many cases though, especially if you are designing or sharing documents that have embedded assets such as spreadsheets, desktop publishing, app development, or web pages. The OS by itself cannot override the requirements of a specific application's design and functionality. That is why we have a file system to start with, because there are so many different use case...
Probably a poor choice of words on my part. I only wanted to suggest that typical users are rather clueless about how computing actually works. No file system may be a convenience for those who are not tech savvy but it does limit their capabilities as they become more so. I am not faulting Apple's decision to design it as such. I think it was a brilliant idea for average users. I use my iPad all the time without wishing it had an accessible file system. I just don't try...