or Connect

Posts by mstone

Right yeah? These posters have no idea what they are talking about. $25 an hour is $50K a year if you work full time 40 hours a week but drivers seldom do. Then deduct union dues, your own commuting costs and it is hardly a living wage in the bay area. High-tech workers in SF are making 120K+ with a degree in computer science. There is literally no comparison. I'm pretty sure most drivers are just scraping by. I'd rather my driver wasn't working a second eight hour shift...
I have the same question. I would just hate it if Apple decided to enable a feature only on the Watch when the iPhone was clearly just as capable from a hardware perspective but in order to differentiate the two products only allowed the feature on the watch. That would be just BS. 
Apple isn't losing any sleep over this. $18 or $24...whatever.  The cost of doing business is passed on to the consumer. If union employees servicing Apple employees bothers you, move to SF and start your own competing non-union transportation company and bid for the tech company contracts.
So since we agree it is not a complete replacement for a fob, then the Watch is just one more thing to carry. One of the things that I never liked about wristwatches is that they are bulky and limit movement of my wrist and the buckle can scratch my MBP. It would have to have some real killer features to convince me to wear a watch.
1-800-BMW or 1-800-AAA My phone has never had a dead battery anyway, ever!
Lugging? Geez, it weighs like 50 g. I'd rather not have to hide anything in my car or wear a watch. Personally, an Watch as a replacement for a key fob that isn't even really a complete replacement, is just a novelty, not an actual feature in my opinion.
Not in my case. It is less then 10 minutes from my home. I have an air compressor and a pressure gauge, but it is literally faster to take it to the dealer than roll out the hose and plug it in. They have a dedicated tech at the dealer just for that task. And, if I have an extra 30 minutes I can get a free hand car wash too.
I do but why should I get my hands dirty when it is a free service from BMW? They also offer me a free beverage and WiFi while they fix the issue.
I don't think you understand how the proximity fob works. You don't look at anything. You just touch the handle and the doors unlock if the fob is in your pocket. If the watch or the iPhone cannot do that, it is inferior to the fob. Of course we can probably assume it is inferior anyway because the fob has a long distance lock/unlock/panic/trunk only open radio signal feature which I doubt will be included in the watch.
There's a couple of issues that we haven't seen any speculation on.   1) If the car doesn't support proximity ignition/doors how can Watch interact?   2) How does the Watch handle multiple cars?   3) If the Watch can open cars, why can't the much more capable iPhone?   4) will the watch have the normal long range wireless lock/unlock/panic feature?