or Connect

Posts by mstone

It always seemed to make sense to put the camera lens closer to the center of the device. I occasionally get my fingers in the shot with the iPhone because the lens is so close to the edge where I'm holding the device.
Admittedly, I don't get out much, but I have not seen any Watch in the wild, except mine, and also not counting at the Apple Store. Mostly I just go from home to work, occasionally to the grocery store. I'm the only one at work who has one, although we have many iPhone users, and several Rolex owners. A few people have noticed mine and commented. I keep forgetting to wear it though. It has not become a habit to put it on in the morning. I like it though. Before the launch...
Wonderful. We can't feed our current population so let's add more.
The main problem the human specie faces today is overpopulation. A perfect storm for war, poverty, famine and ecological disaster. Just mix in three parts religion and stir. Excess CO2 is probably not what is going to kill us first. It will probably be a rogue nation with a nuke.   Regarding climate change, you might find this movie rather surprising. It critical of the global warming science. I'm as far from being a right winger as one can get but the movie does raise...
The 3072 bits is not the overall issue. RSA encryption is not a direct conversion from bits to bytes. 3072 is a huge amount of data. Plus it needs to be decrypted on the other end, all very processor intensive not to mention the curves. It is the algorithms of the handshake that causes the lag. I'm getting very tired of responding to people who have no understanding of the actual issues at hand.
Read the article. They use Bluetooth Low Energy chips certified by Apple. (It's not Bluetooth. It's Bluetooth LE. Two different things)
Wrong. The devices handle the encryption just fine over WiFi. Manufacturers want BT LE chips that can handle the amount of bandwidth required for 3072 bit encryption. The chips certified by Apple from Marvell and Broadcom cannot handle that much data, at least not quickly enough. I swear does no one read the article?
At this point it looks like any HK device should be Wifi. The thing about a sensor to detect a door being open, a homeowner might not want to spend thousands of dollars rewiring every window and door in their home with AC or LV power. Wifi probably uses a lot of battery where as BT LE does not, plus the homeowner could DIY the project. Let us know how your new wifi sensors work out for your new HVAC.
Apple requires that the device itself deploy 3072 bits and elliptic curve in order to be certified, so even if you did use a Wifi bridge, the bridge would need to still send encrypted keys to the BT device. 3072 is a lot of data. For example, currently, 2048 is considered secure for about 4 years from continuous brute force by a super computer.  With current BT LE chips, 3072 might be secure for a century considering that each iteration of the brute force attack takes 40...
Makes you wonder what the BT LE bandwidth capability is on iOS devices themselves.