or Connect

Posts by mstone

They can already easily do that by forcing the carrier to disable your sim with a court order, however, that would seldom be in their best interest. If they suspected you of some crime, they would want to wiretap you not shut off your phone.. That is not the motivation that is behind this legislation. 
I doubt it. This is a public safety issue. Apple is already a pioneer in this area. It is a good thing to make stolen phones less valuable as it helps prevent attacks on citizens and might even save lives. It is a small feature in phones that can make a big difference. I view it much like needing to mandate seat belts in cars, just because it make sense. Many phone manufacturers will not be able to easily implement this feature so overall, it is good for Apple.
According to post #14 it has been fixed in iOS 8. They will still need to fix it in all supported OS versions though.
You can go to that webpage and test it. It is actually doing what it demonstrates. http://box.algorithm.dk/ios/02.html 
Normally I'd agree with that, but since it is an Apple documented URL behavior, it is probably unrelated to a jailbreak.
So tell us who's app actually makes the call thus causing the harm.
You just confirmed exactly what I wrote. You obviously don't care how many innocent iOS users get harmed so long as it is not you and it discredits your enemies. Can't you see how not fixing this tarnishes Apple's reputation more than anything else?
By your logic it would be good if the US and Europe allowed islamic terrorists continued to attack us so everyone would see how evil they are and hate them.
I certainly wouldn't want to be wearing a tight black nylon shirt in sweltering heat for a grueling 5 hour match in the midday sun.    Players with apparel sponsors aren't going to be wearing Polo shirts unless Polo is their sponsor.
You should take your own advice.