or Connect

Posts by mstone

Having parity with Office is certainly not setting the bar very hgh. It would likely involve an Office compatibility mode so that iWork could excel  to even exceed Office capabilities in it's own native format. For example, I really  like some of the layout and formatting features of Numbers much better than Excel but the formula compatibility needs improvement. I would like the best of each platform merged together while retaining Office compatibility even if it means...
I see your point, but if you don't care about being in the corporate environment, then why is it even called iWork? Sure the solo entrepreneur might not need to be compatible with other business professionals but is that niche enough to even develop iWork? I think they need to be compatible with Office for maximum penetration into the corporate/education environment. Apple is strong with consumers, but do consumers really need any productivity office apps? Party...
Wow! I have rarely used Pages for anything other than opening Word docs so I really don't know much about it, but you honestly put it in the same category as inDesign?  Perhaps it is one of those situations where Pages does 100% of what 80% of users need. inDesign is a really powerful application and I know it inside and out, which took years of constant use and study. I really don't have any reference point to compare it to Pages because I don't know anything about Pages.
iWork 09 did a pretty good job of opening and saving in native MS Office formats. Not perfect but pretty good. In corporate environments, people share a lot of Office documents, they make Word templates so all corporate communication is standardized, Those institutions are going to be very reluctant to give up their Office apps and switch to iWork.   If Apple wanted to really stick it to Microsoft, they should do everything they can to read and save Office documents in...
 I think the main difficulty for amateurs, with current web design, is that modern web pages are not really 'pages' anymore. They are a collection of objects assembled at runtime by scripting engines. This makes it very difficult for a WYSIWYG type layout design tool to represent the final rendering. Most hosting services have some web based layout tools but, by and large, they only create flat HTML not dynamic content, however that is all some people need. Technology...
The comment above is full of myths and misconceptions. For the real scoop, you might enjoy reading this article: https://www.mikeash.com/pyblog/friday-qa-2013-09-27-arm64-and-you.html
Ok it is late I need to go to sleep. Sorry if I misunderstood your situation. I thought that by saying you had multiple offers you had actually put your property up for sale. Good luck again, sorry for any confusion I may have caused by apparently misreading your messages.
That may be true but I can tell you that according to zilliow, my property in OC has increased in value more than 25% in the last six months, so I wouldn't be so confident about how superior Silicon Valley real estate prices are in comparison to other areas. One thing that many people fail to consider is that as home prices rise, when you do decide to put your home on the market, you may make a considerable profit but you then need to purchase another home in the same...
Okay fine. If you bought you current property 9-10 years ago, you probably paid peak market price for it. If your market is anything like OC or the other major metropolitan areas of the US your property took a deep hit in value in the 2007-2010 time frame as did everyone else. Now prices are staring to recover but it is sporadic and has not reached the universal balance yet which means that there is still a wide disparity between what someone thinks their home is worth and...
Clearly you are very emotional about the real estate market in Silicon Valley and specifically your current situation, although I doubt it differs much from other metropolitain areas in California such as Orange County where I own a house.  I hope you are able to make a profit on the sale of your condo if that is what you plan to do. Best of luck.