or Connect

Posts by mstone

Whatever dude. You might think you are so cutting edge that you don't need a mouse but I guarantee you would be left in the dust if you tried to compete with us. 
Great! I see that you don't do anything more advanced than surf the web. I do a lot of graphic design which requires a mouse.
I would rather see Forstall be CEO than make any deal with IBM. And I dislike Forstall probably more than anyone. IBM is a nobody. They should have to shelp their stuff through the App Store like everybody else.
/e for exaggeration 
Not sure how the pricing works but a website with a single db is counted as one seat I believe. We use a corporate unlimited version.
Of course I use a MBP which is necessary for me to run full desktop class applications. Sure, many people can get by with just an iPad when traveling but how many corporate cubicle workers travel? Seriously I don't know the answer to that but there is absolutely no reason to use an iPad when a full desktop is available and will do a much better job and is more ergonomic to use. People around here seem to think that every employee of every Fortune 500 company including the...
Ok then an iPad is a better desktop than a real desktop because a tiny smudged up screen is better than a 17" monitor and a mouse with real desktop class applications. And try to find a corporate printer that is compatible with Airprint or log on to the network or share files with Windows users. Face it, this is nothing but a Trojan Horse by IBM to get people onto their cloud service which ultimately will work much better from a conventional desktop computer. Apple is just...
Clearly you don't understand the question. Here's my point with a simplified example so perhaps you can comprehend it. Why would someone rather work on a Numbers spreadsheet with an iPad when a perfectly good desktop machine was available?  The other question is: What are some typical corporate uses for an iPad that are not mobile related?  And part two: What percent of corporate users are primarily mobile?
I am also really experienced in Coldfusion going on 15 years. I have a couple really big applications that I wrote and still support. I can say, unequivocally, that php is a much more modern scripting language and also way faster. Although CF can run on UNIX it is better on Windows. I dislike the way that CF connects to databases only through CF admin.  Clunky and slow compared to mysqli. No comparison in my opinion and that "EQ, NEQ, AND" nonsense is just crazy. My...
Cook is suggesting that just like Apple transformed the consumer computer market, iOS can transform and reinvent the enterprise market as well. The problem with that logic is that 90% of consumers do nothing but texting, Facebook, email and consuming entertainment. All simple tasks. Corporate users can use iOS for email, txting, etc, but their daily work description usually includes a lot of stuff that iPads are not very good at. iPads are wonderful but they are a...