or Connect

Posts by mstone

I have considered windshield wipers such as you have described but ultimately dismissed the idea because I believe it would be impossible for that sort of design to handle the super fast setting needed for heavy downpours. In the tropics we get rain so hard even the current wiper design cannot keep up. I can't imagine a design such as what you have described even capable of anything other than a slight drizzle.   I have seen that design but doubt it will ever be an...
I always love your posts. I was just calling you out for entertainment purposes. Years ago when I was weight training, I drank smoothies all the time with protein and fruit and yogurt and I don't think it made me less a man. Now my idea of blender drinks is more in line with frozen margaritas but nevertheless I hear you, I'm from the same era.
I understand, and as a side note, I believe that Porsche has at times built cars for Mercedes. An owner told me that the original SL 500 was actually built by Porsche, so it is not impossible that they could build a car for Apple as well.
I may be reading this wrong but these two paragraphs, to me, appear to be contradictory.  Apple doesn't license patents very often. They tend to build complete products that the general public can afford.
As you know, the English language has many nuances. Scary can mean awful, ugly, unfortunate, wrong, as well as actual fear. I don't think the OP was expressing any terrifying situation. BTW which time is it that you come from? I'm pretty sure the last sentence needed a sarcasm tag.
That happens. I have a number of huge CF implementations and I can't find anyone to maintain them. Porting them to PHP would cost several thousands each. I was sitting in the office at a client's office and some old guy came walking through the hall and he remarked, "That is a SCO guy. I can spot them from a mile away".
Best wishes. Hope you recover well. Been there done that. Not fun. My thoughts are with you.
Perhaps the reason they planned to build a self driving minivan is that it will require all that gear on top of the roof. No one who wants a sporty car will put  up with a NASA rover on top of their car.
I'm an expert Coldfusion coder and I can tell you from many years of experience that CF is no better or worse at connecting to databases than any of the other web scripting languages such as .Net, PHP, Python, Ruby, or even Perl. They all connect and output database data with the same number of lines of code. Currently, my preference is PHP: 1) It has more active developers therefore larger talent pool2) There are more frameworks and templating engines3) There are more...
Somehow I don't think that is what Apple is working on. Practically speaking, you need a lot of transitional steps to get to the point of all roads being supplied with superconductors. Just like hybrids are a stepping stone to all electric vehicles but a lot more complicated. Apple is working on something they can sell to everyone around the world, not just to the Jetsons.