or Connect

Posts by mstone

Okay sorry again, I'm not all that familiar with Silicon Valley real estate, I concede to your more authoritative knowledge. I was simply trying to put in perspective the original poster's thinking that real estate tax increases were a major issue with the neighborhoods directly adjacent to the new Campus 2 site, in which I pointed out that those properties are already very high priced and exclusive to high salary individuals. I really don't feel qualified to actually...
I said home not house. Sorry perhaps that was misleading. I did not investigate the details of each property, just looked at the list. That is the way realtors speak. A home is anything you can buy rather than lease. I'm not a realtor. Just go to zillow and look at the same information I used to make an estimate.
As I mentioned, a little further away you'll find more reasonable prices. I did not specify anything about 10 miles, but it might be within that distance from the Campus 2 site since it is at the extreme north of Cupertino and a lot closer to Sunnyvale and Santa Clara. I used the website zillow.com for the estimate. They tend to be a little on the low side but you can check it out for yourself. 
Sure but in that vicinity, the homes are already upwards of a couple million dollars. I don't think those millionaires are strapped for cash. If you are on a fixed income or whatever you are not living in Cupertino. The side of the freeway that the Campus 2 will be is more like Sunnyvale or Santa Clara, but the closer you get to Cupertino you start getting into the million dollar plus homes. The areas further away from Cupertino are a more reasonable $6-800K but even then...
I've been considering buying the Apogee Jam ($99) and using Garageband. With headphones I won't be disturbing anyone while practicing. Honestly I don't really play that much anymore. I have an old Boss JamStation which works but with Garageband I would get a lot more versatility. I have a ton of old analog equipment. All professional stuff like Mackie board and Alesis studio speakers, AKG mics with phantom power, lots of analog effects pedals, Sony tape recorders, etc. I'd...
So the battery lasts 10 hours, however how long does the battery on the iOS device last playing a BT stream? I get the idea of iOS adding effects and all but it seems like it just introduces another complication rather than just plugging in a guitar. I'd rather have foot switch/pedal operated effects so you can activate it without having to take your hands off the instrument. I guess I'm just old school. I'm sure it sounds great, but I like the naturally warm sound of my...
I don't even worry about that. It is the ALL CAPS ITALIC BOLD RED HEADLINE UNDERLINED WITH THREE EXCLAMATION POINTS!!! My god man get a grip. Yes that is white space and no we do not need to put something there.
I think you may be right about that. I was using Quark when it was still called Visionary, Now days it seems to be one of those situations where anyone who owns a hammer is a carpenter. If you don't have training, you don't have shit, when it comes to best industry practices in graphic design. We still see people with MS Word who think they can design their own brochures. I don't bother treating them with kid gloves. I just tell them flat out that they have no clue what...
Now that's just BS, Quark was always bullet proof on both Mac and Windows. It was very strict on the way things were built but it never failed when built the correct way. inDesign brought lot of designer friendly features into the graphic workflow but nothing is any different. You still need to produce output ready documents regardless of which layout application you use.
And that doesn't  make you wonder why we all like Macs?