or Connect

Posts by mstone

@sog35   When people say they are cutting the cord, it is mostly just a bunch of hot air. They say they are going to get their TV over the air. Fine, but are you going to install the antenna yourself, rewire your coax yourself? You'll make a dozen trips to Home Depot, scratch a few knuckles, breathe some insulation, make a few mistakes and fix some wall board and also spend at least a few hundred dollars getting an OTA set up working well. I did it so I think I'm...
Apparently you still fail to understand that you save $100 by getting less. I could save on my car payments too by downgrading from a BMW to KIA. If you want to give up a lot of content then that is your choice, but the comparison is apples to oranges. Washing dishes? You are the one with three TVs. I only have two. And FYI I can't see the TV while washing dishes, not that I wash many dishes. The sink faces out the window at a beautiful view of nature. The TV faces the...
Thanks for taking the time. I can see why I have no complaints though. I never do any of that type of stuff. I don't really listen to music while driving as I feel it is distracting, but I did copy all my music onto the hard drive. I only have two radio station presets, PBS for news/talk and KOCI which is a local community station. I find calling is easy enough using the iDrive knob but I have also discovered that you can use Siri. Even with the iPhone in my pocket, I can...
Love Lynda.com. I started using it almost a year ago and have completed several advanced coding programs. It became immediately apparent why they use Flash and not HTML video once you see all the interaction with the text and the tracking of the minutes for each chapter. Excellent instructors and very professional video editing. 5 stars all the way.
You keep saying that but never give any specifics.  What don't you like about it? Seems to work fine for me.
 I still think many people are underestimating how much it will cost to "so-called" cut the cord. You might end up paying considerably more for the privilege of getting rid of the channels you don't want. If you end up paying $10-20 a month for each of the a la carte channels you might want like ESPN, tennis, golf, HBO or whatever else is not included with Apple TV, you could easily surpass what you used to be paying for cable TV when you add in the faster internet for a...
Like I said, you wire your home the way you like it and I'll do the same. I don't want an Apple TV in the kitchen. I have everything I need already. I have an Apple TV in the family room. I only have the two TVs, cable, antenna and Apple TV. 
I could wire it up either way, cable or antenna, but there is only one coax outlet in that location.
Yes and Yes. LA has several top quality HD over the air channels. Telemundo, Univision, 3 PBS stations, CW just to name a few.  However you want to configure your home set up is fine, but don't expect that everyone else would make the same choices you make. For example I have a 19" full 1080 HD TV in the kitchen. It fits right under the upper cabinets and it is hooked up to cable without a box. You can't get the premium channels but nearly everything else comes through....
Yeah like I said, a hundred, maybe more, in nearly every language on the planet.