or Connect

Posts by mstone

Wow, it looks like I struck a nerve. Such an extreme reaction to a rather benign comment.
I probably shouldn't comment because I still don't see myself wearing any watch, but I still find Watch unattractive, and yes I went to the store and tried it on. I did order a Sport on day one just because it was new Apple tech, but I ended up canceling my order after reconsideration that I just don't like wearing watches. I certainly don't feel inconvenienced with just an iPhone 6 in my pocket. I don't want to be distracted while driving anyway and in just about any...
Agreed. I don't use Match or iCloud or Music and the update still messed up my library. Nothing too awful but my library is small. I lost some cover art and now have some duplicate songs. Some cover art was switched to the wrong art. I had previously changed the art on some older albums to reflect the correct original art not the rerelease art that Apple provided. Now all that art has been reverted to the latest rerelease art or is simply missing getting rid of the art...
It really depends on the type of work you do. For example the ultimate cloud-based workflow might be something that needs to be maintained in realtime such as worldwide database records or relies on remote collaboration. No amount of local storage is going to help you if your cloud goes down. But, the best way to protect your data is to backup often and have multiple backups in various physical locations. Also important is logical and detailed, dated file naming...
Apple page show everything is up now:
People say that Apple is worse than other cloud providers but all the major providers have about the same availability statistics. We just tend to hear more about Apple's downtime around here. Google consistently ranks a little higher but Amazon and Microsoft usually a bit worse, but not huge differences.   There are a number of different categories to consider such as Compute, Storage, DNS, CDN, and PaaS. Each type of platform affects different services. Because Apple's...
Better be careful with logged in pages. Make sure you log out not just close the window. I just tried it and it will log you right back in which is somewhat unexpected behavior.
Maybe they were looking for instant gratification. 
I was considering the attention span of a high school student not a mature adult.
I completed the first two courses on Swift on Lynda.com but I still haven't had time to write any apps. I'm so busy with web development where I'm using Javascript, SQL and PHP that I've probably already forgotten most of what I learn regarding Swift. In terms of "strongly typed" Swift is pretty much statically typed. Although it can use weak ownership and explicit overrides it is for all intents and purposes statically typed. I came to programming through Perl which...