or Connect

Posts by mstone

Completely different. Nobody is forced to use an engine, or dance or play cards. Everyone in the world needs to use dates and time.
It is about making things universally acceptable, not for the sake of a standard. Same thing with Greenwich Mean Time, which is now being changed to Universal Coordinated Time. There are more countries on that longitude than just England, so why name it for a city in England?  Since the Obamas are Christian, there is a good chance that they say grace before a family meal. When they entertain foreign dignitaries with a State Dinner at the White House, I would be surprised...
Let's have a long discussion and history lesson on why the word Oriental is politically incorrect.
Although I have considerable experience studying judean /christian literature and history, I do not believe any of the supernatural mythology including the resurrection of the Messiah, so we will have to remain in disagreement.
Never heard of it. I have only read  english / hebrew scripture and cross referenced versions that are accredited.
All bogus. There is no easter in the bible. Greeks and Catholics celebrate easter on different days.
The main problem with both era designations is that they are missing year zero. The year after 1 BC is 1 AD. Plus no one actually knows the birthday of the Messiah so that introduces another approximation. The Jewish calendar or the Chinese calendar are much more accurate and share many similarities since they are both lunar based. Study up.
Not me dude. I'm a BCE/CE guy for many, many years. Please... I may quote a lot of biblical stuff just because I was made to memorize it, but BC and AD is not in the book. After reading your post I am confused. It seems contradictory to both my original remark to be in agreement with the OP as well as your own saying that you prefer BCE. Anyway whatever, I'm sticking with BCE because it is more academic in my opinion.
Yeah a crack pipe! And change his skin color to black or brown. /s
He is not the sunglasses emoticon, he is Smokey.  Why would Smokey not be smoking? A better question would be why do forum posters think that Smokey is cool or clever and include it in their post?