or Connect

Posts by mstone

I just wish that you could make custom icons for folders so they would be easier to recognize.
I use Flash for only one purpose now. We have these 1080p monitors which we mount vertically at our trade show booth. I use Flash to create presentations for them. They look great as all the text is vector. I export the Flash as a projector file including commands to make it run full screen, loop and rotate 90 degrees. I do not know of any other tool that will do this project as well so I use Flash. Really simple, easy to edit and I can program it to do features like loop...
This is not the way I see it all. Illustrator was a different sort of tool than Freehand. Freehand was sort of a hybrid vector drawing with page layout features. No question that designers were able to create some fabulous art with it, but Freehand did not play well with other page layout applications such as Pagemaker and Quark. In order to import a FH drawing it had to be converted to an EPS file. Freehand made terrible Postscript. It was a film ripping nightmare. It...
Drop shadows, native Photoshop files, bezier containers, gradients, transparency, Quark importer, copy and paste between Illustrator and Photoshop, much better printing dialog settings, and much more. Quark was just outclassed by a huge margin. I think Adobe fully comprehends how inDesign killed Quark.  We got the first version of inDesign as a free upgrade to Pagemaker. The last version of Quark I bought was 6.5. I have no idea what version they are on now or what its...
We get head hunters calling all the time. They just dial consecutive phone numbers within our building using the same deceptive line, that they must have misdialed and were trying to reach the trying to reach what's his name. My secretary answers 4 lines and after about three calls I overheard her say "What is wrong with you are you blonde?" 
The angle is exactly like what NavTeq uses except they only have one. I think it is to scan 3D of tall buildings. They are rotating so they can see everything. On a side note I can see that those plates were registered in December of 2014 (expires DEC 2015 - yellow color) Also I can see it was likely purchased in Houston MAC HAIK DODGE CHRYSLER JEEP (281) 447-9500 from the license plate frame and the dealer badge under the rear window. It is a bit puzzling why they would...
Just curious why whenever AI reports a story on Jony Ive or some other middle-aged Apple exec, we have to see a life size image of them but when we get a chance to see at an attractive woman in a story all we get is a thumbnail?  
I was reading today that the Watch may ship minus a lot of the health and fitness tracking features. If true rather surprising.   http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2476897,00.asp   Although that report from the WSJ seems to be contradictory to the health and fitness movie at Apple.com   http://www.apple.com/watch/films/#film-fitness
There is horrible traffic in Southern California as well. There is not as much public transportation one might think.  In many of the trendy California areas there is no parking anywhere. Young people get along just fine because there are clubs and restaurants, shopping malls, colleges all within walking distance or a short bus ride. Also the whole notion of owning a car as some expression of identity is not as popular as it once was. I would think that Apple sees this new...
I think we can all agree that Apple will not be using petrol to power their car, should they make one, but I get your point.