or Connect

Posts by frankie

I do tons of video work and could care less about Blu-Ray drives until the prices come down and they work out all the kinks. You're better off not getting and early burners that has problems anyway, and the discs are still way too expensive. I'm gonna wait until the problems are worked out, the discs are a couple bucks each, and they don't take 25 hours to burn. Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how long it takes to burn a 2x or 4x a 50 GB blu-ray disc?!
Hard to beat OWC (macsales.com) I pretty much can't believe how cheap it is compared to what I paid just months ago!
OWC has great Ram as well. www.macsales.com
How does this Raid compare-anyone familiar or use this? http://www.CalDigit.com/HDPro.asp Thanks!
Here's an example of what I mean. 2 of the same HD from Seagate. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...0&name=Seagate Also, what is the difference between OEM and Retail? Thanks again for any info!
Does anyone know the difference between a regular old HD and a 'Enterprise' series version? There's obviously quite a price difference! Thanks for any info!
Hey Doug, This is actually pretty easy, although the price of drives is so cheap nowadays you may just want to go ahead and get another Ext HD as well. The reason I say this is that to do what you want and have the 2 drives show up as one requires you to Raid 0 them. Many people do this, mainly more for speed. That is because if one of the drives goes down you loose all of your info. So if you are planing to do this as a BACKUP for your files, this may not be the...
Does anyone know the difference between a regular old HD and a 'Enterprise' series version? There's obviously quite a price difference! Thanks for any info!
"onlooker and others..." where did you get your Ram from? I typically use OWC but I am curious. Also, what internal HDs did you go with? I can;'t make up my mind what to get. Thanks for the info!
I called Apple and they are going to replace with a new one. Now I just have to bring the other one (I never opened the box) back to FedEx and then wait another 3-4 weeks as it was a custom build. It was definitely traumatic. I keep walking in circles asking my girlfriend, "How is this possible?"... Arggh!