or Connect

Posts by KingOfSomewhereHot

1> ... MS based tablets have also been through that process.. not the Surface2, but there are several windows-based products that were never really available at the consumer level that were used in Airlines. 2> ... Related to #1... EVERY bit of software they need is ALREADY available for Windows OS.  They've been around for years.  That is a non-issue. 3> ... In the heavily regulated industries , like airlines, a single-vendor solution is actually much easier to manage...
 They already have ... every pilot in the airline has been issued a company iPad (a year ago.)
I don't know the source of your problem, but it is NOT the number of connected devices.
 because that is EXACTLY how maintenance gets done on a Boeing 737! ;)
 While that may be true, most of them "order you around" because they risk getting fired if they don't.  Their JOB is to make the passengers obey government mandates (such as having electronic devices turned off during take-off and landing.)  If they are seen NOT enforcing this by the FAA, the airline gets fined.  (and yes, the FAA DOES occasionally send folks out "under cover" to just observe how the airlines do what they are supposed to do.)When the airline gets fined...
 Paper manuals vs. iPad has no effect on the quality of the maintenance or airplane safety whatsoever.
  How so? (maintenance manuals are not carried on the airplane, so they don't add weight and increase fuel burn, like navigation charts are supposed to do.)
I can only offer you my experience... I used an iPhone 4s for a few days with iOS7 and battery life was no different than iOS6... even with loc services and wifi and BT turned on all the time I noticed no difference. I'm now using a 5s and with everything turned on, it easily lasts all day with what I consider moderate use... with most of the internet use being done over LTE.   I would say that if you're having to charge once or twice a day, then either something is...
...methinks there's more to this story than we've been told. (or less)
Nobody suggested it did.