or Connect

Posts by KingOfSomewhereHot

Yes... Google works on iOS ... there's an App for that.   The camera on iPhones has been widely critiqued as among the best point-and-shoot cameras out there ... but opinions are like belly-buttons.   Screen-size (and therefore, device size) is a matter of personal preference... I prefer a device that fit's in my pocket, so a 7" phone wouldn't really please me anyway.  But if you only ever carry it in your purse (or is it called a satchel?), I can see how a...
I DO think it's a possibility ... but I don't expect it to happen. I expect Mavericks to be $29.99.   I expect people who create things of value to be compensated for them ... giving intellectual property away for free has never made sense to me. But perhaps I just don't understand how marketing works.   The only way I expect it to be downloaded for free is if you bought a computer within a couple months of its release, or if you steal it via Bittorent (or...
It's a beta. If you have legitimate access to it, then you've also got access to Apple Dev Support... Use it.
Odd.   While Apple WOULD swap your HDD without warning if they felt it needed it (and when they have a machine in for service, they will do a full diagnostic and are known to replace things other than the "known issue",) I have never heard of them cloning/copying your old drive/data for you.  Normally you get it back in a "like new" condition (if they swapped it) and it is up to you to restore your data from a backup.   While your suspicions COULD be correct, it...
  I'd sure like to see your source for that statistic!!!   I'm nearly 50 years old, 5-11 and weigh 150 lbs, run 15 miles a week and likely do more sit-ups and push-ups than you each day. I look around me in the crew room, or in the lobby/gym/restaurant at any hotel and see most other pilots look more like me than like Michael Moore.         The bags are at least 40 lbs and yes we drag them around on wheels... the injuries are usually the result of getting them into the...
Yeah... the "Download" button is correct ... not a bug. (see rudo's response)   The "...not compatible with this computer" message could certainly be considered a bug though.
on the iPhone 5 pic? ... the iPhone on the far right? (out of 4 phones)   That's Apple's own "Photos" app. It's not in the store, it comes with the iOS install.
  It's ALREADY broken ! :) That was the whole point of the thread! (and piqued my interest for the same reasons as the OP... too bad nobody has figured out a solution yet.)
    Not true.   Apple('s BOD and officers) has a responsibility to run the company successfully and profitably. They have little control over stock price.  Stock prices can be run up to levels not justified by the balance sheet merely by the actions of folks (mostly institutional investors) trying to game the market. (It can also be run DOWN to levels not representative of the company's true value.) It could be that the BOD saw $700 as an unrealistic price and therefore...
Enterprise iPads CAN BE configured to block the App Store...  (By that I mean iPads that are registered to and pre-configured by you friendly IT department... they're physically no different from any iPad.)     There may be ways around their restrictions, but it all depends on how it was pre-configured and restricted to begin with.  And doing so may limit your ability to load/run certain non-public apps that your company needs/wants you to have on there.