or Connect

Posts by KingOfSomewhereHot

... and the "instant hotspot" feature has been working quite nicely already between iOS devices... I was a bit startled when I first noticed I could turn on my phone's hotspot from a DIFFERENT device... (was thinking other people would be able to do it)... until i researched and figured out it was only available to other devices using the same iCloud account...  looking forward to getting the MBA on board with that!
STFU already.Sorry you had a problem (along with lots of others) with 8.0.1 but that isn't the "rule" with Apple updates, its the exception. No need to troll every single thread with a comment about how you should never update anything again. I had no problems with 8.0.0 ... .0.1 was pulled before I could get to it, .0.2 was also not a problem.My upgrade to Yosemite went off without a hitch ... should I step up to the pulpit and start telling people they must update...
I wouldn't be so sure ... perhaps in a few specific use cases, but I think overall, the  faster RAM bus and way better GPU, and newer CPU will more than make up for it.
Now that you mention it, I think you're probably correct.Pay relies on NFC, which the 5s doesn't have... so the question becomes, does the new iPad have an NFC radio? (that would be on a separate chip from the A7, I think, so it's a possibility.)
No... the A7 is the same as iPhone 5sno reason that Pay shouldn't work just fine.
 I did (read it) ... and you're right... it wasn't a blatantly pro-Samsung article.  It was, however, full of unsubstantiated speculation and conjecture regarding Apple.  Not that that's anything new... it is the state of "reporting" in ALL areas of our media these days (politics, tech, science, pop-culture)... NO media outlets seem to be able to report "news" without adding opinion and conjecture as if it were also relevant outside the op-ed "page".
  The 5S and 5C will only do Pay if paired with an Apple Watch.
rear input? No Thanks.   I doubt Apple would even consider it since they KNOW that MOST iPads live in a case that would render rear input unusable anyway.
As expected, the Apple stores around here won't say a thing about when they expect to get stock, only that "we don't have any now".   Every ATT store and BestBuy in the area (that I've talked to) tells me they don't expect any 6+ in stock before November... and stress that they're also just guessing... Apple doesn't seem to be telling THEM anything either.
All hail Marvin!   Good find. I'd never heard of that "option".