or Connect

Posts by KingOfSomewhereHot

I get where you're coming from!   And the "Pro" model should be about raw power, not about power per watt (that's more of an iMac metric... certainly a MacBook metric.)   But you'll also see additional improvement from external drives... using solid state drives via thunderbolt should give noticeably faster data access.
 Yes. It's default position is to back up the entire start-up drive.But you can go into options and select files and folders to skip or add other (external) drives to the back-up items, etc.Time Machine is actually fairly flexible, but not as powerful as CCC.
These days, I just rely on the built-in "Time-Machine" function.  But I can certainly understand why some folks want more.   I used to use CCC, but it's been a couple years ... I LOVED it... you could make simple back-up drives of pick-and-choose files, or the entire drive... or even choose to make a BOOTABLE back-up of your drives... hugely customizable and very powerful... also fairly simple if you just want a basic back-up.   I tried Time Machine when I was going to...
I simply wired a charging cable onto my bike ... mounted the iPhone on the handlebars where it also serves as a GPS.   (The charging cable consists of a USB port dongle that plugs into my battery-tender plug on the bike and provides a USB plug for a standard USB-lightning cable which I routed under the tank and to the handlebars... a "Rider's Claw" mount (you can Google that) securely holds the iPhone and provides easy "drop-in" mounting/removal of the iPhone.)   Feel...
 Because I'm INVESTING... not SPECULATING.  I'm not playing short-term market changes, I own part of a company. I really don't care much about ups and down over periods of months ... that's just part of the game.  I'm more concerned with what I think my investment will be worth DECADES down the road (years, at the least.)So despite the swings and "poor" performance if measured over ONLY the last 12 months, I'm taking a longer view, and my AAPL stock is still doing quite...
I'm sure they do, but you'd have to talk to Apple to find out how to qualify. (...and as it's charity, they are free to arbitrarily pick what organizations they may wish to donate to.)
 Only the SPECULATORS were getting bashed ... INVESTORS have been doing quite well via Apple...  I have shares purchased for $60 and they did just fine in 2013. :)Even the majority that were purchased at $130 have been "up" for years now ... AND generating dividends (recently).
CPU? ...Not possible at all.   RAM? ... easy! There's a panel under the bottom edge... a screw or two to remove it, and the RAM is located in there... search on Apple Support for the specific directions for your specific model (as well as how much RAM it will support)... but you should be able to install 2x2GB at least. (Though some older models were only able to address 3GB in that configuration.)
unnecessary?... not at all. It was the law... the flight attendants faced fines or firing if they were caught NOT enforcing the rules (they are federal rules, not airline rules.) B.S. ?  ... most definitely.
 Yeah ... my bad.  I guess I inferred (even though he didn't bring it up) that he was also one of these idiots that thinks he's gonna get cancer or be sterilized from cell-phone radiaton.