or Connect

Posts by KingOfSomewhereHot

Yes, more fuel can be saved via favorable winds, but fuel is burned to move mass around the world... even replacing 80 lbs worth of paper with 4 lbs worth of iPad creates SOME savings ... not much per flight, but considering an airline operates thousands of flights per day, it adds up over time.  (That said... it's a stupid reason to switch... if efficiency is the goal, there are much larger targets in an airlines overall operation to save both operational expense and/or...
still a few old-timers around
I don't think it's a buyout... I'd guess the discussions centered more around a marketing idea.  Selling (perhaps "special versions") Beats merchandise in Apple Stores; or perhaps some special deal similar to the Red campaign...  It could be any number of things besides a buyout.   That's my opinion simply because I don't see where the two companies would fit together better than as separate entities.  But of course it's possible that Dr Dre and Mr Timmy have some...
I'd bet you can find some OTHER place that can/will replace just the screen for you ... for a much  more reasonable price. That's certainly the case here in the U.S. ... in large cities there are people that make it their business to do such repairs on all sorts of phones.
 mm767 cap got it right ... the WiFi signal and the planes "local network" will be available for free... you will have to pay to access the internet. That said, good luck finding an airplane that has it installed and working. The largest/newest fleet United has is the 737 (or the newest additions: 787) ... suspiciously absent from that list.
 huh???
  No... I was actually thinking of the long list that you posted ... if Jesus is God... (and you believe the Bible to be the Word of God) ... then Jesus is equally guilty of promoting slavery, genocide, rape, mass murder, stonings... all the crimes commanded or perpetrated by "God" throughout the Bible. (Mostly in the Pentatuch, but found throughout.)  All those also things your list claims that Islam does, but Christianity doesn't... unfortunately, Christianity DID do...
Soooo... I gather you do NOT believe that Jesus IS God... that they are one in the same ... the whole "Trinity" concept.
yes, but as the founder of Christianity, he doesn't exactly fit Frank777's description.
 Have you seen what Burt Rutan has designed?  (well... his company, Scaled Composites, I'm sure there was another engineer that helped him ;) ) The Spaceship One / White Knight vehicles.  He's funded by Richard Branson through Virgin Galactic.They are only sub-orbital at the moment... but scaling to orbital is not really the hard part... they've already proven they have a vehicle that can go to space and back... and do it again with a turnaround of a few DAYS.