or Connect

Posts by KingOfSomewhereHot

If you bought a Mac, then you did BUY this software ... Apple's accounting methods support that statement.
you can't log into iCloud from Safari on iOS ... but perhaps with a different browser? ... I haven't tried it, so it might not work... but try a different browser and see if you can log in. (I think Dolphin is free if you need to find one real quick... i also think Chrome might be available for iOS.)
Agreed! (kmnopp) I was SO glad I had a backup of those iTunes book files after migrating to iBooks OSX.  I use those files on other stuff... not just t sync with iOS devices... the placement I could have lived with, but the gibberish names pissed me off. I guess I'll stick with Stanza for reading on the MacBook... (at least for now.)
So... Pay the $70 of taxes yourself, and they'll give you a $100 card.
YOU do not speak for "ALL" of us.
 It does ... 
 Do you have an IRA or 401k account? ... contributions to those are PRECISELY "delaying" paying taxes on personal income!
unplug the RAID and do it again.   My iMac with a mirrored RAID setup did something similar ... I unplugged the RAID and it finished the upgrade and ran fine.  But whenever I'd plug that (USB3 drives on a USB2 iMac) RAID array into the iMac, it would crash. (whether after or during startup)   Something in Mavericks doesn't like having my USB RAID array plugged in.   I fixed it by getting a thunderbolt dual-drive and copied the old USB RAID to it ... Mav works fine on...
I can't help but wonder what 3rd party PrefPane/Extensions/Apps you have installed that has somehow caused this.   I would expect that if it was actually a Mavericks problem, then EVERYone (rather than a tiny sampling) would have this problem.   Now, that said, I DO think an OS should be able to accommodate old/poorly written software ... If an update is going to cause something to break, it should be the 3rd party stuff that breaks, not the OS. (admittedly harder to...
FYI, trackpad tapping is working just fine for me with Mavericks.   Have you tried changing the Preferences setting for it, then changing it back? ... MAYBE that'll re-set the thing.