or Connect

Posts by KingOfSomewhereHot

Also ignore folks who claim to know "Apple's position" on various technologies or application strategies.
By that logic, 6 years ago you would have stated that Apple's position on phones was "Buy a Nokia if you want a good phone." But they obviously had something better in the works. Even if SJ himself told you that there was no OSX iBooks app on the way, it would mean absolutely nothing... in fact, it might even lead one to believe there WAS one on the way. I have a hard time believing that you know any more than anyone else what "Apple's position" is on ANYthing. While the...
Except that books purchased through iBooks have DRM that other readers can't decipher. So that can't be read from OSX until Apple makes available a desktop version of iBooks.You can't... TallestSkil just assumes that since HE has no use for it, then no one else does either.
What a stupid idea!... A form of altering history and/or censorship. If you don't like what he wrote, then don't read it. There's certainly no need to change history and pretend like that stuff wasn't acceptable then!... Society has changed, it's no longer acceptable, but that's no reason to go and change the works of that era.
Because iWork '09 IS THE LATEST VERSION... the latest incremental UPDATE to it was January 03 '11, that's where that date comes from, but it's still the '09 app.They have to add significant (in Apple's opinion) new features before they'll slap a new name on it. (Rumored to be coming soon.)As of today, there is NO SUCH THING as iWork '11.(Also note: Apple now just calls it "iWork" , with no year. The individual Apps are labeled with a year; like Pages '09. That would lead...
From what I can see, the thread was started 01-01-2002 ... that was 9 (NINE) years ago. (Yes, I'm just THAT bored right now.)
Remedial Math would be a good place for you folks to start... I'm having a hard time coming up with "10" years on this thread.
per the original topic: Drive older/used cars. Do NOT BUY NEW CARS! A new car uses a (relatively) huge amount of resources to build... all those resources could be "preserved" by just not building that car!... go buy a used car and keep it in good condition. Driving a 20 year old Civic is "better for the environment" than a new Prius. The old Civic gets just as good fuel mileage, but doesn't require the consumption of raw materials (and energy) to produce that the...
Try re-seating the RAM ... It could have gotten jarred loose. Otherwise, if it's less than a year old, them it's still under warranty. TAKE IT BACK TO APPLE!
They have to be synced through iTunes. They will NOT sync directly from an iPad to an iPhone.