or Connect

Posts by Blah64

You're on the right track. Tiny "fix" above and I'm all over your comments here 100%It doesn't matter to me if it's google, adobe or anyone, they have no business recording, transcribing, or otherwise analyzing and "owning" my voice messages. Ever.The difference is, I don't believe that's any of Apple's business to own that data either. Sure, they're better than companies whose entire business models revolve around gathering personal information of their users, but NO...
My first thought as well. This seems like a great idea, and I do like the way TMo pushes the industry envelope, but how will this be viewed in terms of net neutrality?
It seems like you're not listening to what some of us have written. Software is not always a good substitute for hardware. Read this for a very serious example:http://www.wired.com/2015/07/hackers-remotely-kill-jeep-highway/EVERYONE should ready ^this^ articleHardware provides safety, and it provides a verifiable way for people to be in control of their own devices. Vehicles are an extreme case of this, but the same issues exist with home automation and many other...
I just went and read up on Republic Wireless. Very interesting concept, and I wish them good luck. The more variety in phone plans and capabilities we have, the better.They have plans as cheap as $5/month, and the closest thing to my needs would probably be $10/month. That said, I have no interest in a "smart" phone, but rather, just a plan and a cheap flip phone without "smart" capabilities; I already have a nice iPhone without any data plan that gives me almost...
I totally agree. This new system sounds like it revolves around trust. When you get to physically decide which SIM/company you want to use, then you know without a doubt what's happening. You don't need anyone else to do it at a store, you don't need to remember codes, you don't need to "trust" things under the covers. When something as important as this is now dependent on software, it's a different story. I don't necessarily mistrust Apple's intent on this effort,...
You caught my interest with this comment, but after looking at your location I'm guessing you meant A$19, not $19, is that right?If there's a prepaid plan in the US where you can pay $19 for 3 months, let me know where it is!
Well, there has been a wave of counterfeit bills in my region recently, so the "as long as it's real" can indeed be an issue. Criminals and opportunists are everywhere, unfortunately.Honestly, I'm not sure how or why a prepaid Visa (not store-specific gift cards, to avoid more pedantic comments like Soli left earlier) is more prone to fraud than a typical debit or credit card. There is probably some real, actuarial-based reasoning behind the scenes, but I'm not seeing it...
Wow, best post I've read in weeks. I agree on everything you mentioned here (except I don't live in NYC, but do have wifi available 95% of non-driving time). I really have no interest in a "smart" phone with a voice/data $plan$, but I have an iPhone which I can use just like an iPodTouch. Now that the new Touches are out, I'm considering whether it's worth upgrading.Your post was so spot on that you made me sign in and comment!
I read every word in the article, not pictures. The browser I was using earlier does not load images from most separate servers unless I force-load them.However, you must've stopped reading my comment halfway through, or you'd have read that I found those cards and they're not simple prepaid cards, they're crap that requires creating an account with the bank. Why anyone would do that makes no sense to me, because at that point you'd just use the fricking debit card that...
I'm not sure what you mean by "verify". The only thing that needs to be verified is that there are funds available, and that can be (and is) checked in near-real time on either debit or prepaid. It sounds like you mean verify as in attaching to a real individual person/account? Greenbacks don't have that ability, and they work fine in almost all venues! :-)I don't use debit cards either, so I don't know about overdraft. But I do know that in huge swaths of our country...