or Connect

Posts by Blah64

I love it!  Best comment I've read all day.
Quick question:  Has anyone tried to load up a pre-pay debit card onto Pay?   I have no idea whether it would work or not, and might actually depend on the issuer, but if any of you have a new iPhone and can try it out, I'd be curious to hear the result.   This is something I've thought about for a LONG time, long before Pay was even a rumor, and I think if (or when) it works, it could provide a whole new way of thinking about how we buy things.  Imagine Apple...
 I don't see why you (or Andy or anyone) would expect it to work perfectly right out of the gate.  It's a new system, and bugs will need to be shaken out.  Yeah, that will likely take a few months. The thing is, if it does indeed reduce even a small portion of data breaches by keeping customer data out of the hands of retailers, that's fantastic.  As we continue to see huge breaches in the news every month, people I talk to are getting sick of it, and I'm only talking...
 This is just a sad statement about our society at large.  Reward points, airline miles attached to credit card usage, "loyalty" cards (tracking cards)...  They're all just bullshit to trick people into giving away all their purchasing habits to companies that can (and do) basically use that data and sell that data in any way that benefits them.  Grocery stores are notorious for selling their customer data to the big data brokers, for example.  This is not "okay"! You...
 Have you rectified the situation since then? What I mean is: have you persuaded your wife to get rid of most of those cards?! Seriously, most people only need 2 cards, one for normal use and one for backup in case something is wrong with the main card/account.  Personally, I only have one (rarely used) card, but for most people 2 is plenty -- unless you're living at the brink of poverty and you really need the extra credit line to squeak by each month, but I really don't...
 Bingo.  Yeah, I'd do this, but no way ever would I opt for a subscription.  Actually, I don't subscribe to anything online, ever, but I would consider supporting this site by buying an ads-free app like this.  Oh, and it can't have spyware (phoning home / tracking crap) either.  Simple app, basic features, more convenient for reading mobile, without all the crap.  Sure, that's worth a couple/few bucks.   Really?  Cheapskate much?  Why do people whore out their eyes so...
 Totally agree.  Not really relevant to the above conversation though.
 At least someone is paying attention and doing some actual analysis. I too, took Tim Cook's words about sales being "much higher" to heart.  I think he was trying to give people a head's up without officially changing guidance, which I don't think they do at this late stage.  I expect iPhone numbers to beat estimates, based on his comments. The thing is, Apple has always telegraphed future intent.  If you go back and listen to Steve Jobs over the decades, he gave hints...
 Do you have anything to support these numbers, or is it a wild-assed guess like most of the "estimates" we see?  (by armchair quarterbacks and professionals)
Nope. You've conflated "accuracy" with "sound quality". They are most certainly NOT the same thing. Accuracy can be measured, analyzed and graded. Even with accuracy, there may still be some areas of disagreement, for example one model might reproduce 10k+ more accurately, while another reproduces bass more accurately.But overall sound *quality* is inherently subjective. And because it's subjective, people's opinions are influenced by marketing. Do you really think...