or Connect

Posts by Blah64

And people who choose to use them carefully, instead of hundreds of times/month for every pack of gum or RedBull. People should look up their Axciom profile to see why this is a bad idea. Oh yeah, you can't see most of it, only marketers willing to pay to see your every move and purchase can do that.Anyway, I'd rather respond in agreement to your post than bash the others who don't understand the downsides of credit card mania.Benefits:1) Filling an account with gift...
Outstanding! It's comments like this that make reading here worthwhile.I can't believe I've missed that you're back (except that I don't sign in very often). Welcome back!This (thread on iCloud storage plans!) doesn't seems like the most appropriate place to be commenting, but after poking around a bit and seeing a bunch of your recent comments, I'm so happy to hear about your ongoing recovery. Certainly there are no guarantees with anything like this, but whether you...
Is it any worse that gmail or hotmail or any of the other spyware email services?I'm not being snide, it's a real question. If you have an app that reports back to the mother ship (and I didn't re-look up the details on Mailbox just now), is that worse than a service that actively scans and analyzes each and every word in all your emails?
I sympathize with this attitude, but you need to take it a step further. The person with the most interest in your well-being is yourself. Period, full-stop, end of story. It's always a good idea to include your health professionals in your decision-making processes, but they are human and make mistakes. They are also affected by various influences like money, status and institutional pressures around them every single day.Consult with "living/breathing medical...
That's a good warning, I wish more people were paying attention. I'm well aware of these (and other) vile companies, and I use multi-layered precautions, including hand-tuned hosts files. If you don't allow your computer(s) to talk with tracking domains then you greatly restrict their ability to track you. It's more effort than most people are likely willing to expend, and pages often render without proper formatting (and no/few ads, which is a plus!), but personally I...
Great question. Can anyone answer this??Actually, I don't remember what originally came with 10.6, perhaps it was Safari 4. But can anyone at least answer if the flaw is in the version just prior to what's being discussed, i.e. Safari 5 (of which I think 5.1.2 is the latest), which runs perfectly on 10.6What manufacturers should do for stuff like this is have a page that you can load that shows whether you're vulnerable or not, like you sometimes see security...
Great post.I should point out though, that even deleting tracking cookies is almost pointless now, at least as far as the big guns are concerned. Google is considering whether to stop bothering to use cookies because they can already track people well enough without them. If they follow through with this it will (sadly) continue pushing this fake perception that Google is protecting people's privacy, when the reality is they are just using a standard magician's trick:...
Sadly, I tend to generally agreed with you on this, even though it's my personal biggest reason for having no interest whatsoever in internet-connected TV. And while you might think of it as need/cost analysis, frankly I just think most people flat out don't care and aren't paying attention to it at all. I'd be really surprised if 1/3 of US households really, truly have actively internet-connected TVs. As others have mentioned, just because the TV is capable of internet...
I think you missed some of the conversation above. You say "don't enable background refresh for the app", but the point being discussed is that iOS 7.1 changes the behavior of apps, so it doesn't matter if the user has that enabled or not, the app will still listen for beacons in the background. That's unexpected (wrong) behavior.From the article: But with iOS 7.1 your application will listen for beacons even if it was hard closed. The user can still opt out by turning...
lol.thanks for that. uh, kind of.