or Connect

Posts by Blah64

That's a good warning, I wish more people were paying attention. I'm well aware of these (and other) vile companies, and I use multi-layered precautions, including hand-tuned hosts files. If you don't allow your computer(s) to talk with tracking domains then you greatly restrict their ability to track you. It's more effort than most people are likely willing to expend, and pages often render without proper formatting (and no/few ads, which is a plus!), but personally I...
Great question. Can anyone answer this??Actually, I don't remember what originally came with 10.6, perhaps it was Safari 4. But can anyone at least answer if the flaw is in the version just prior to what's being discussed, i.e. Safari 5 (of which I think 5.1.2 is the latest), which runs perfectly on 10.6What manufacturers should do for stuff like this is have a page that you can load that shows whether you're vulnerable or not, like you sometimes see security...
Great post.I should point out though, that even deleting tracking cookies is almost pointless now, at least as far as the big guns are concerned. Google is considering whether to stop bothering to use cookies because they can already track people well enough without them. If they follow through with this it will (sadly) continue pushing this fake perception that Google is protecting people's privacy, when the reality is they are just using a standard magician's trick:...
Sadly, I tend to generally agreed with you on this, even though it's my personal biggest reason for having no interest whatsoever in internet-connected TV. And while you might think of it as need/cost analysis, frankly I just think most people flat out don't care and aren't paying attention to it at all. I'd be really surprised if 1/3 of US households really, truly have actively internet-connected TVs. As others have mentioned, just because the TV is capable of internet...
I think you missed some of the conversation above. You say "don't enable background refresh for the app", but the point being discussed is that iOS 7.1 changes the behavior of apps, so it doesn't matter if the user has that enabled or not, the app will still listen for beacons in the background. That's unexpected (wrong) behavior.From the article: But with iOS 7.1 your application will listen for beacons even if it was hard closed. The user can still opt out by turning...
lol.thanks for that. uh, kind of.
Purchased songs can be sync'd from a computer to 5 devices, but what about email, contacts, calendar, etc.? Storing song purchases in the cloud is one thing, but the other stuff contains personal data, and any health-related hardware will contain very personal data. Personal enough that there are federal laws about how that data can and cannot be used.Many people have concerns these days about the confidentiality of health-related data, even if they are over-sharing in...
This is exactly right - especially with medical/health data. The real solution is to allow people to store this on their own computer at home. Unfortunately, I don't see Apple making that easy to do out-of-the-box.
Dude, that was the first day they announced the service! Still, glad to hear you've seen the light. I don't understand why people (anyone) thinks it's okay to communicate through a system like that.BINGO! This is the problem that most people just don't get. Even if your friend makes a conscious (foolish) decision to allow google to peer into their deepest thoughts, they don't get to make that decision for others, and yet google has publicly stated that anyone who has...