or Connect

Posts by Blah64

Do you have anything to support these numbers, or is it a wild-assed guess like most of the "estimates" we see?  (by armchair quarterbacks and professionals)
Nope. You've conflated "accuracy" with "sound quality". They are most certainly NOT the same thing. Accuracy can be measured, analyzed and graded. Even with accuracy, there may still be some areas of disagreement, for example one model might reproduce 10k+ more accurately, while another reproduces bass more accurately.But overall sound *quality* is inherently subjective. And because it's subjective, people's opinions are influenced by marketing. Do you really think...
 I think I jumped the gun trying to get it yesterday.  I saw that XCode 6 was GM, but I didn't realize iOS8 hadn't actually been released yet (no, I'm most definitely not an early adopter on devices that can't revert to a previous version of the OS!) I'll hang tight for a couple days then, thanks.
 Hey Samsung are you listening?!  You have a huge supply of leftover-but-adequate 5.5-inch screens available!  
 Speaking of new releases, can any devs comment on the XCode release schedule? I want to try Swift, don't have a current (paid) iOS dev account.  XCode 5 has been a freely available (and free) release for some time.  Now that XCode 6 has gone GM I was expecting to find that available as a free download, but it's not.  At least not yet. Has there been a "typical" release schedule for the free versions of XCode recently?  I mean relative to iOS/iPhone release schedule.
 I'm not so sure.  I think everyone is still thinking too small.   I hesitate to even mention this possibility as I don't want to jinx it, but the ultimate holy grail would obviously be to own the process from end to end, as impossible as that sounds.  Apple will (at least initially) own the front end on the customer side because they are at the center of this new world and they have the only mobile devices equipped for this.  Most of the middlemen are currently still in...
 3 comments:  1) Very good of you to add: "as far as we know" !     Because we really don't know. Most people just assume that it's in Google's best interest to hold this data to themselves, but there are no laws that require them to do so.  Ultimately, when the value of selling that data or using it in other undesirable ways exceeds the value of keeping it internal, Google will sell it or use it as they see fit.  Not if, but when.  Public company, shareholder value is...
 Another way of saying this is: "All the things I buy online are tracked".  Or offline, for that matter, when you use credit/debit cards. Seems like you may not care, just something to consider.  What most people don't think about is that the companies tracking your behavior are not doing it for you, they're doing it for themselves. It's extremely valuable data, both aggregated and disaggregated, and you have virtually no say in (or knowledge of) what happens to that data...
 Ah, but when they're good enough, you won't even know you're boffing a machine!  Blade Runner was just set 20 years too early.
 If it will allow me to pay anonymously, as is currently possible with existing iTunes store, it might even get me onboard.  Didn't Apple just add the capability to directly drop cash on your iTunes account?  Yes, it's here: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/181412/first-look-using-passbook-at-an-apple-store-to-buy-itunes-app-store-credit If whatever new-fangled scheme revealed tomorrow requires a tie-in with a bank-issued credit card, I have no interest (except as an AAPL...