or Connect

Posts by Blah64

Yes!Why aren't more people bothered by this?
I see that now, though there's still more here than I would be comfortable with, personally. But everyone has different comfort levels with this stuff, and I'd forgotten that she posted that link.Until I hear otherwise, I'm still hopeful that we'll hear from Relic again.
I guess it's time for me to weigh in on a pet peeve of mine related to this topic, though slightly different from the gripe (which seems like a bug). The "explicit" rating system is poorly implemented and over-simplistic. It's not just the famous 7 words that should get a song the "explicit" rating. I can hear some of you saying "huh?!", but I'll list the lyrics below of a song that's completely inappropriate in the context of, say, an 11 year old daughter that loves to...
I'm happy to see that it appears the personal stuff has been taken offline/PM.  That's the way I'm keeping it until/unless I hear otherwise directly from Relic.   I don't think we need to necessarily abandon this thread, but it's never cool to post personal, stalky stuff about someone else without their explicit permission on a public forum.
Ah, but this could be different.IF (and only if) this kind of system could be built where all the data stays on site, controlled with a smart device under your full control, like an Apple TV (or new Apple Home), then we'd be talking about a fantastic solution.
And yet, you allowed a small, relatively untested (privacy-wise) company that was primed for purchase, monitor your home activities?Not to pick on you in particular, but ALL of this stuff, everything from where you live, when you're home, what you buy to who your friends are and what you do with them is NOT something to be shared with for-profit companies, period. No matter who they are - EVER.Data will always flow to its highest-value use, and these days that's Google or...
re: "will allow customers at participating retailers to check out without swiping a credit card or handing over cash." What the FU*K is wrong with our society now?! Do people really think swiping a card or handing over cash is that difficult? I am beyond words. Related: looks like the Target Breach has convinced some people of the benefits of using cash. Some customers turn to cash in wake of Target security breach (among many such stories). Not to mention the...
As someone in your described demographic, I'd love to be able to monitor various aspects of my health, but no way no how would I ever allow that data to be hosted or analyzed by any 3rd party. That's a hard stop, end of story. It's difficult to impossible to anonymize data when it comes from or through your mobile device. Merely attaching location information to this data is enough to identify individuals with a very high probability of success.What someone needs to...
Totally agree.Sounds like you've downloaded? Can you play the game "offline"? I disable all internet connectivity before playing any games, thanks to all the obnoxious "spyware" crap installed in so many games these days. Before I even consider downloading I'd like to know if it's playable without connectivity.
 Acxiom is the devil.  Yes, the data brokers are indeed Really, Really Bad, perhaps the worst of breed among the personal data harvesting/using/selling paths.  I totally agree on this part. What I don't agree with is that just because one party is worse, that other parties are a-okay.  Again, the only way people can prevent abuse of their personal data is by not sharing it out with commercial organizations, to the degree humanly possible.  Even the data that you think...