or Connect

Posts by Blah64

LOL!!!!
 Yeah, with this model I'm surprised that ANYONE signed up for it.  I've read elsewhere that this is how it works, though I haven't diligently verified.  But if true, all I can guess is that most people using it have no idea how it actually works, or they wouldn't have signed up. I think it would be fantastic if this pushed people to use cash more often.  It's refreshing to do business in a way where you're not whoring yourself out to commercial interests.  pay is nice...
 I doubt it was a matter of marketing.   Many of us (most?) have no interest in google watching our everyday financial transactions on top of everything else they watch and analyze.  
 ^ This. ^ There's a very good chance the retailers will kill this before it goes live.  There is a firestorm brewing out here, and it's aimed right at MCX.  Retailers might not have been smart enough to see this coming in advance, but they're not stupid.  They can't help but see how this is going, and there's really no way to right the ship at this point.  The CurrentC system might possibly have been able to get some traction prior to pay, but the odds of that happening...
 You might think you have fraud protection, but it's at the whim of your issuer.  Credit card fraud protection is guaranteed by federal law.  Debit card protection is only in place by contract, and the terms of those contracts can typically change at any time.  I also believe that not all debit cards even provide contractual protection, in which case you would be totally liable for every dollar spent -- in other words, if you were foolish enough to keep $100k in your...
 Perhaps my favorite quote in this already great thread.  I've been saying this for years, but I'm not sure I've seen it here before.  Nice.
 I'm going to pick on you here, merely because yours was the first post on this thread to say this, but this is really a note to everyone.  I think most regulars here know I'm a very big supporter of personal privacy, and an opponent of nearly all personal data mining.  That said, Why the big hubbub all of a sudden about the data mining of your retail purchases?! Every single purchase you've made over the past decade or two with a debit/credit/loyalty (tracking) card, is...
One need look no farther than my signature here to understand how pleased I am that they're making progress on anti-reflective coatings. I'm still using a mid-2009 MacBook Pro because Apple doesn't make a newer laptop that I can readily use.  Yes, they've had the custom anti-glare displays, but the pixels are so small that it adds a different kind of strain.  The iMacs have been making small improvements in recent years, but still look like mirrors to me, and I need a...
 I love it!  Best comment I've read all day.
Quick question:  Has anyone tried to load up a pre-pay debit card onto Pay?   I have no idea whether it would work or not, and might actually depend on the issuer, but if any of you have a new iPhone and can try it out, I'd be curious to hear the result.   This is something I've thought about for a LONG time, long before Pay was even a rumor, and I think if (or when) it works, it could provide a whole new way of thinking about how we buy things.  Imagine Apple...