or Connect

Posts by Blah64

That was my worry as well when I first read the title. But unlike the old iPod the glass, this sketch shows glass that's concave, not convex. In theory this would actually reduce the glare angles, although I would expect not by much. I'm not sure how much credence I give this rumor though. Games are best played on a flat screen. If there's going to be any curve to the next gen, it will be very subtle.
But remember, Mobile phones harbor 18 times more bacteria than a flush handle in a typical men's restroom.! I have no doubt it's true, although I'm sure they're different germs. And I have no doubt that our society has problems because we're not exposed to as many germs these days. But helping people understand just how germy their touch screens are and how easily the germs are transferred is useful, especially when stuff like H1N1 is going around. Both repulsive and...
I've read pretty much all the posts on all the threads related to any privacy issues, and that's not what I've seen. Quite the contrary, in fact. I've seen a guy (presumably a guy) who has been thoughtful and measured in his posts. I don't think we need to agree with all the details of his posts to agree that he has generally been polite. On the other hand, others seem to enjoy insulting him without really addressing the issues in a meaningful way, other than "well I...
Absolutely right, elroth. At least a handful of people here are paying attention. Opt-out cookies are complete bullshit. You are still totally being profiled, and depending on your usage models, more accurately than if you just turned cookies off. The only thing it means is that the advertisers won't give you ads that are specifically tailored to you. Kind of the worst of all worlds.
You guys all get up on the wrong side of the bed again? What a bunch of assholes. A developer wants to clean up some minor privacy concerns on his platform of choice and the maggots come crawling out of the woodwork.
Can you provide a reference for this? This would be great news as far as I'm concerned, if it's true.They should at least email owners of the particular app, which would be trivial. Why on earth do you think this would be difficult?! But I think they should go a step further: First offense by a particular company or developer: stern warning. Second offense: ban from the App Store. Apple has explicit policies in place that developers are thumbing their nose at. But...
No reason to stop there. He/she should also post his/her address, phone number, birthday and social security number. But of course he/she won't do that because in fact he/she DOES care for privacy, and the comment above is bullshit. The notion that "I don't have anything to hide, so I don't need privacy" has been proven to be a big fat lie that ignorant people pop up with when they don't agree with your privacy preferences. The truth is that everyone values their...
You picked the very last thing I would want sync'd in the cloud. FFS, your financial data isn't something to trust to 3rd parties any more than you absolutely have to.Zero interest to me. I have only one thought about OS-cloud integration: IT HAD BETTER DAMN WELL BE OPTIONAL!! And not made critical for "normal" use, or cumbersome to disable 100% from a single setting.
I agree with you that the data in that particular file isn't a(n accurate) record of your phone's absolute location. However, as was discussed near the end of a previous thread here, in order to generate that file, your location data had to be passed back to Apple. Now, Apple says they obscured that data en route, and they say they didn't/don't keep that data. I don't believe this has been proven, but I'm willing to trust them on that. Mostly. Not so much trust for...
Steven, you seemed to have missed the earlier conversations. Location data is indeed available (required) to the carriers. But they are bound by certain legal restrictions on how that data can be used or distributed. Not so with the phone manufacturers, currently they can do whatever the hell they want with that data. Comparing the two is either misleading or ignorant. And this point has nothing at all to do with the consolidated.db file, that's another story,...