or Connect

Posts by Blah64

I don't mind the article, this is an Apple (fan) news site, after all. But Daniel seems to have gotten progressively worse over the years in severely biasing his articles. I still enjoy the depth of research in many of them, but when you stretch the truth or paint opinion as fact, it gets tiresome. Small case in point here, unless I'm completely missing something, this sentence bothered me:just how deeply Apple's less than a year old iPad has infected the media, now...
And you're the only one that quoted it, therefore leaving it here for all to see even after he deleted it. Not very smart. I'm not so soft-shelled that I'm super-offended by it, but why don't you go back and edit your post. Or perhaps a mod could do that, seeing as that was surely both his and your intent.
Now this is an intriguing idea that I hadn't heard of yet. I think it has merit. But I also think there has to be more to it than that, just due to the physical size/scope of the project. On the other side of the equation, I wish more web/mobile app developers would take into consideration that many people don't actually want to host their personal data, photos, etc. on public servers at all. That's forever baby. I have to think there's a market for someone to write...
Thanks! Then again, "decades" could be as little as 2
What a bunch of BS. I have no interest in having my whereabouts tracked by anyone online, and that includes Apple. The carriers have that data because they're required to by law, but that's it. Are there special cases where it might be worthwhile? Sure, alzheimers folks; maybe some kids/teens if they're not perfectly trustworthy, I guess. Probably others as well. But not the general population. As CEOStevie says:I feel sad for you and any significant other of yours,...
Totally agree with AIaddict. I have no interest in either the hassle or cost of various data plans when WiFi suits my needs 98% of the time. And I'm decades away from being a "kiddie".
If she's fully aware and approving, I'd suggest looking in my pocket for a banana instead. Oh wait, you said pocketBOOK. Missed that part.
Yeah, that's why I said "most people", which probably read a little funny without context, so I'll explain. Unless the process has changed, it was rather tricky to create an account with a gift card without attaching it to a credit card. I asked at our local Apple store, and the sales person didn't think it was possible. But after I persisted they asked another sales person. That person also didn't think it was possible, but eventually they asked a store guru, who said...
IIRC, Apple explicitly said that would not be the case, although they've changed their minds many, many times over the years!My worry isn't that Apple will actually make it mandatory, but that it could become a "defacto requirement" merely by enough developers switching to this model without providing any other alternative way to purchase/install apps. One problem (among others): this would preclude most people from ever buying software without using a credit card and...
This is a good question, and anyone with Little Snitch (or equivalent) should be able to easily give some insights. Has any Little Snitch user rented one of these special videos?BTW, I have no affiliation with the Snitch developers, but after using the utility for the past year or so I can't imagine ever using any computer without it again.