or Connect

Posts by Blah64

I hope this means you're volunteering to be part of the 80%, cause I don't plan to!
Thank you! At least someone else around here "gets it". G is out of control. Not "evil", just in control of way, way too much information.
Don't tell me you actually give them your phone number?! That's none of their f#$@!g business! Neither is your name, address or shopping habits. The fact that so many people give this out at the checkstands willingly for no good reason is so stupid it's embarrassing. :-(
That was my worry as well when I first read the title. But unlike the old iPod the glass, this sketch shows glass that's concave, not convex. In theory this would actually reduce the glare angles, although I would expect not by much. I'm not sure how much credence I give this rumor though. Games are best played on a flat screen. If there's going to be any curve to the next gen, it will be very subtle.
But remember, Mobile phones harbor 18 times more bacteria than a flush handle in a typical men's restroom.! I have no doubt it's true, although I'm sure they're different germs. And I have no doubt that our society has problems because we're not exposed to as many germs these days. But helping people understand just how germy their touch screens are and how easily the germs are transferred is useful, especially when stuff like H1N1 is going around. Both repulsive and...
I've read pretty much all the posts on all the threads related to any privacy issues, and that's not what I've seen. Quite the contrary, in fact. I've seen a guy (presumably a guy) who has been thoughtful and measured in his posts. I don't think we need to agree with all the details of his posts to agree that he has generally been polite. On the other hand, others seem to enjoy insulting him without really addressing the issues in a meaningful way, other than "well I...
Absolutely right, elroth. At least a handful of people here are paying attention. Opt-out cookies are complete bullshit. You are still totally being profiled, and depending on your usage models, more accurately than if you just turned cookies off. The only thing it means is that the advertisers won't give you ads that are specifically tailored to you. Kind of the worst of all worlds.
You guys all get up on the wrong side of the bed again? What a bunch of assholes. A developer wants to clean up some minor privacy concerns on his platform of choice and the maggots come crawling out of the woodwork.
Can you provide a reference for this? This would be great news as far as I'm concerned, if it's true.They should at least email owners of the particular app, which would be trivial. Why on earth do you think this would be difficult?! But I think they should go a step further: First offense by a particular company or developer: stern warning. Second offense: ban from the App Store. Apple has explicit policies in place that developers are thumbing their nose at. But...
No reason to stop there. He/she should also post his/her address, phone number, birthday and social security number. But of course he/she won't do that because in fact he/she DOES care for privacy, and the comment above is bullshit. The notion that "I don't have anything to hide, so I don't need privacy" has been proven to be a big fat lie that ignorant people pop up with when they don't agree with your privacy preferences. The truth is that everyone values their...