or Connect

Posts by Blah64

Why? Seriously. I'm not saying Apple is or isn't more trustworthy, but why trust either one of them more than the other? One thing to consider: depending on your search engine of choice, IM of choice (if you partake), webmail of choice (if you partake), web document creation/storage provider (if you partake), etc., Google likely has far more personal information about you than Apple. And they gain more each and every day.
+10 ! Thank you. Why most people don't seem to care about this is beyond me. Sure, many think it's just innocuous information, but when it's all aggregated and disaggregated, that's more information than any one company should have. Hopefully at some point there will be simple, secure software that we all run on our home networks that provide this kind of convenience-enabling functionality without selling (freely giving!) our souls to the Googles, Yahoos and Microsofts...
I admit I skimmed the article and that part didn't sink in. It does seem unreasonable that people should only be given less than a day to upgrade firmware without risking the uninterrupted use of their device.However, he is mooching off a "friend", who actually took the effort to register as a developer. This friend has breeched his contract by allowing others to use his account. Asking others publicly to share a beta version of Apple's OS is totally inappropriate -...
wtf kind of stupid comment is that? If 100,000 albums are released every year in the U.S. alone, and only 5% of them are great, that's 5,000 albums each and every year. You don't call that "many"? That doesn't count the UK and other countries. How many albums do you buy in a year? There's more than enough good music out there, you just have to look around and not be sucked into the crap that gets marketed at you.Did I anywhere say that nearly every single song on an...
Wow, you are one bitter dude. You might as well just stop listening to music entirely if it's that bad. Fortunately, there are a lot of people here who agree with me. A few who don't. If you're in the latter camp, that's your loss, not mine. Guess I'll just leave it at that.
Uh, you're joking, right?
Welcome. Well said, and you're absolutely correct! Youngsters (and I mean 20-somethings on down!) may not have the long-term perspective to even understand this. Or at least not to have internalized such realizations because they've had the ability to just grab individual songs at will for several years now. There is such a Now, Now, Now mindset among kids these days, and it's unfortunate, but it's life. Sadly, I don't know if there's any way to go back. If one doesn't...
While that may be a true statement, the challenge was to name where it originally came from. But I agree that AjitMD was mistaken. xwiredtva, I formally request my one point! A bit more: - Microsoft's first spreadsheet was Multiplan, which was released in 1982, prior to Mac, however the first release named "Excel" was on the Mac in 1985, and not for Windows until 1987. - Word, on the other hand, was first released as Microsoft Word for the IBM PC in 1983, prior to the...
Well, offhand I know I can get one point. :-) MS didn't write the original PowerPoint. It was originally a Mac-only piece of software written by a company called Forethought. I remember it from the very earliest Mac days. Microsoft liked the software, bought the company and morphed it into PowerPoint. I remember being quite irked at the time.
Ditto! No Silverlight here either. I don't care how whiz-bang a site is, if it says "Silverlight required", then I just leave. I don't want more crap on my system, especially anything that can run outside the browser's sandbox.