or Connect

Posts by Blah64

It should be easy enough to determine if it's Flash or something else on your machine. Just disable plug-ins and run for a while. It's actually quite pleasant NOT having all the distracting/flashing/scrolling crap cluttering up the pages. It can't hurt for a few hours, and then you'd have your answer.
First, just to clarify, that was just an off-the-cuff statement I tossed in at the end. I'm not an expert on OLED at all, and I probably should have separated that from the rest of my rant. But my thinking (hoping) is that with the color range and such that they might look great to all types of users without any reflective surface treatment.People only touched my screens once. ;-) (After getting bitched out, they learned.) But perhaps this is another direction to have...
I paid for high-quality anti-glare CRTs. And where that wasn't always possible, many of us took great pains to adjust our working environments (and televisions, etc.) to reduce glare as much as possible. You may not have been around, but many professionals even used monitor "hoods" back in the day. It was also much easier to deal with when we all had fixed-desk working environments, and that's perhaps the biggest gripe about this asinine glossy fad. We are all mobile...
No it's not. I have been exclusively using Apple hardware since before many of the users here were born. Currently, they do not make a machine I can buy/use, at any price. That is inexcusable. There have been many surveys done, and while the fine precision of such surveys can be questioned, the overall results cannot be ignored. Close to half prefer matte screens, and there are LOTS of people that will not buy glossy at all. There is no justifiable reason to not at...
Fine. I will go look at the new ones firsthand some time in the next few days and report back here. My hopes are not high, but willing to go look for myself.
this is rather amazing, given your previous disposition with regards to glossy screens. 1) interesting. we'll see... 2) sure, that's nice, but with an unusable screen, it's just a "nice to have" 3) relative to the display, this is virtually irrelevant. there are many options available. 4) i'm happy to pay for a usable screen. 5) i need a 15", but i understand the niceness of 13" 6) irrelevant; would be even better with a usable screenha, forgot the smiley. but i...
Uh... why would you be salivating over a laptop with a f'd up glossy screen? i wonder if you actually did see and play with one of them, or if you're making this up!
That's an interesting idea. Personally, I would kind of like to see it happen. But here's why I don't think it would mesh with Apple's DNA: To the highest degree possible, Apple wants every user's experience with their products to be a seamless one. Building hackintosh boxes is a far from ideal experience, even for a fairly seasoned techie. If there was such a "real product", even if it's advertised as free and "unsupported", that will drag new, less experienced users...
Exactly what I was thinking/picturing. It's a humorous image.Absolutely unacceptable under any circumstances! First, does that mean people with no internet cannot run a Mac computer? Yes, the numbers are fewer every year, but there are many people without internet access, especially in rural areas. Are you going to make them drive 10 miles to find someone with an unlocked WiFi? ;-) Or just as bad, force them to call some phone number and read off some 50 digit...
Geez guys, look at the name of this site. It's called AppleInsider, not MacInsider. Apple's product line is Mac, iPod, iPhone. The majority of us here are interested in all pieces of the puzzle.