or Connect

Posts by Blah64

Are you saying you shop online for apparel? From my experience, which is admittedly not broad, nor deep, unless you are intimately familiar with a particular line, there's no way to know whether any given article is going to run large or small, or look like crap because of some odd cut. Not to mention colors or the feel of fabric. I've seen linens that looked great online and I went to buy it at the local store and was horrified at how ugly it was in real life. Other...
Wow, I could have written your post, almost word for word. My information is mine, and no one else's, especially not Microsoft or Google or Facebook, AT&T, etc., as they are the biggest collectors. And the notion that if you do not participate you are somehow "dirty", is also depicted by the TV ads that show how paying cash is bad because it inconveniences others. The truth is simply that it doesn't generate any revenue for the credit/debit card companies! But back to...
Here's my question (without having read any technical docs yet): Did they create some kind of cross-compiler that takes Flash code and spits out a native Cocoa app, or are they just slapping a Flash interpreter wrapper around people's apps? The first seems like a HUGE amount of work, fraught with challenging technical hurdles. The second seems like it would be out of compliance with Apple's iPhone Developer Agreement. This is after only a couple minutes of...
Looks to me like he's emphasizing The Web as opposed to dedicated apps built on Flash.
I'm so glad that many people have finally come around and see Flash as a (mostly) unnecessary resource-hog. For me personally, what's even worse than that is the animated crap on the screen that makes it impossible to even read the articles. So disabling it is a must for me, although I do use ClickToFlash for the occasional video. So here's the flaw with the "choice argument" when it comes to Flash. With something like matte/glossy, having a choice does not affect anyone...
Wow, I beg to differ. I'd guess most people DO sit around indoors most of the day next to WiFi. Most people spend the bulk of their day either at home or at their work/office. Does your office have WiFi? Most offices I know do now. As does every McDonald's, Starbucks, most cafes, you name it. Heck, open WiFi is pretty common even sitting in the park - at least in urban areas around here. About the only time most people are going to regularly be away from WiFi is when...
Why? Seriously. I'm not saying Apple is or isn't more trustworthy, but why trust either one of them more than the other? One thing to consider: depending on your search engine of choice, IM of choice (if you partake), webmail of choice (if you partake), web document creation/storage provider (if you partake), etc., Google likely has far more personal information about you than Apple. And they gain more each and every day.
+10 ! Thank you. Why most people don't seem to care about this is beyond me. Sure, many think it's just innocuous information, but when it's all aggregated and disaggregated, that's more information than any one company should have. Hopefully at some point there will be simple, secure software that we all run on our home networks that provide this kind of convenience-enabling functionality without selling (freely giving!) our souls to the Googles, Yahoos and Microsofts...
I admit I skimmed the article and that part didn't sink in. It does seem unreasonable that people should only be given less than a day to upgrade firmware without risking the uninterrupted use of their device.However, he is mooching off a "friend", who actually took the effort to register as a developer. This friend has breeched his contract by allowing others to use his account. Asking others publicly to share a beta version of Apple's OS is totally inappropriate -...
wtf kind of stupid comment is that? If 100,000 albums are released every year in the U.S. alone, and only 5% of them are great, that's 5,000 albums each and every year. You don't call that "many"? That doesn't count the UK and other countries. How many albums do you buy in a year? There's more than enough good music out there, you just have to look around and not be sucked into the crap that gets marketed at you.Did I anywhere say that nearly every single song on an...