or Connect

Posts by Blah64

Wow. These guy are proving to be more than just liars. They are BIG FAT BLATANT liars! But I guess they're in good company. If microsoft execs like Bill Gates can lie under oath (http://bwads.businessweek.com/micros...s/up81102a.htm), then why not some irrelevant little clone-maker!
What you really mean is: Yes. We have 5 year old Macs that work fine with Leopard (there is no Snow Leopard yet). In fact, the iMac G4/1.0 17" was introduced in Feb 2003, and that's over 6 years ago. And it's fully supported by Leopard, and runs just great. My kids get hand-me-down hardware, and it just keeps working and working and working. And getting better with each new OS release - which conveniently comes in affordable family packs. And if you're really saying...
Validation codes are fine, that's not the same as "activation". Validation codes exist to prevent trivial widespread piracy with virtually no bother to the user. And you can walk into a store, pay cash for a piece of software, and go home and install it without being traced, tracked, monitored or marketed to. Activation is evil. The last version of Photoshop I bought (and probably will EVER buy) was CS2. After that they require activation. And I never run Windows XP...
I don't believe enough people care, unfortunately. At least not right now. So the service providers will keep milking it for as long as they can. That said, I absolutely believe the day will come when this "legacy" pricing model will disappear for text messages, just as it did with email. The recession may bring changes sooner than would have happened otherwise. One can only hope.http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-186782617.html
Wow, step away for a couple days and get unjustly insulted. :-(Dude. Or Dudette, whatever. You're apparently upset enough about the issue to jump to incorrect conclusions. I DO NOT USE AN IPHONE. I don't need all the bullshit stuff attached to the plan, so I AM making the smarter decision. I would love to have access to a browser wherever I go, but that's about the extent of it, and I'm not interested in playing their game. I am, however, planning to get an iPod...
The second sentence is definitely true. But I'm not buying the first one! I was involved in this stuff in the 70s as well (not quite as old as you, but I'm an old-timer as far as tech goes), and very, very few people had any knowledge - or even interest - in tech, gadgets, etc. Now, most people have at least a passing interest in as much as we all use cell phones, microwaves, VCRs, etc. All these things add up to a very different world, experientially, now. Basically,...
Wait, are you saying that technology feature sets are NOT religion?! Seriously though, I guess I mostly agree with Mr. Baggins here. Perhaps when you started your career high-tech wasn't as prominent as it is now, but I can't see how it wouldn't fall into the same bin, at least to some degree. Think about the over-65 crowd. There's no way they're going to have the same opinions about tech features as the under-25 group. Similarly, among the "tech crowd", you'll get a...
I don't want Flash on the iPhone / iPod Touch either, but I'm at a loss to understand why is doesn't (or couldn't) fit the multi-touch paradigm. ?
I'm totally on board with Kickaha on this issue. I have no interest in MMS and frankly, virtually no interest in SMS either.That's $60/year, year after year. Even still, don't you see that it's an issue of principle? As Kickaha so nicely put it: it's the equivalent of extortion. So, you don't want to pay for crap coming into your phone that you never asked for? Just pay us $5/month forever and we'll take care of it for you! Hahahaaaa. Other countries have it right. ...
You're generally pretty solid poster, but for chrissakes, don't be daft on this. People do care.http://www.macosxhints.com/polls/ind...8glossy&aid=-1