or Connect

Posts by Blah64

So did you give up on this?
Thought this thread was dead, guess not.No I'm not, never said I was! WTF is the matter with you? ;-) What I am, is a very rounded user that needs to meet with clients, employees, investors, and manage a business. That means lots and lots of emails, lots of time in a browser, and actually a good bit of time writing code. And yes, much of that is ideal on a 15" laptop, wherever I happen to be at on any given day/hour. But I will buy off-brand before staring at a mirror...
If you haven't done so already, be mindful that the way you ask your question could easily dictate the answer you receive. There's little benefit to a store manager to put their product in a bad light, so to speak. (pun intended ) Personally, I can't imagine a glossy screen being suitable for that purpose, but it doesn't mean the management would admit such. On the other hand, if they *did* admit it, well, there ya go!
Hey, easy does it. I did say it was a good point, and I find good logic there. It doesn't mean "end of story". I think this is why so many people find your posts bothersome - jumping to unwarranted absolute conclusions. Short of asking the manager at the store why they're using those displays, we are all just speculating. You live close enough to visit that store, right? Just go ask. I'd love to hear the response.
Agreed! Hey, are we all done now? :-)
Wow, can you please share your insider knowledge of Apple's customer preferences? Other than making a wild-assed guess based upon utter speculation, do you have any substantive proof that more people prefer glossy over matte? Cause with those big bad bold minority comments, it sure sounds like you must have some amazing data that no one else is aware of! Please share! Oh, and while you're at it, probably the closest thing any of us have (and it's not perfect by any...
I've used someone else's MacBook, in fairly typical environs, and I'm sorry, there just isn't a solution that involves slight tweaks to the angle of the laptop. I've found it virtually impossible to find ANY angle that doesn't show annoying reflections. The reflections DO exist on these glossy screens in almost every "normal" lighting situation, to some degree; it's just a matter of how bothersome they are to you. Apparently they don't bother you, and many others. ...
Wow, a fantastic post. Yes, no one's counting those users who will either buy some other brand (probably few) or just hold off purchasing indefinitely (probably many, but no one, not even Apple, would have a solid estimate on that one). I fall into the latter camp. There's nothing Apple makes that I can use right now. I need portability, and a screen that I can actually use for more than 10 minutes without going insane. Yes, the 17" does exist, but it's barely...
[re: 40% of market prefers matte polls]These are all very good thoughts and questions. Honestly, unless the polls are *grossly* wrong, I can't understand Apple's decision. The MacPolls poll has over 30,000 votes. It would be hard to imagine that poll being dreadfully wrong. For those who don't want to take the time to click away, here's what it says: Prefer: Glossy\t 32.31 % (10,007) Matte\t 44.04 % (13,639) Don't Know\t 23.65 % (7,324) --------------- Total votes:...
Yes, thank you! I couldn't have written it better.