or Connect

Posts by Blah64

Anyone have word on whether an embedded NFC could be completely disabled by the owner? Otherwise it's something I'll never purchase. And imagine going up to a vending machine, buying a snack with your NFC, and having every aspect of that transaction logged, added to your personal profile and sold to marketers. Who you are, where you are, what time it is, are you there every day at that time, what else do you buy there.... That part isn't an IF, but a WHEN. Eventually,...
Agreed. Guess it's time to mosey along to the next topic...
You're wasting your breath. asdasd is just being obstinate and not paying any attention to what you're saying, nor did he even attempt to address the points I brought up.We will see. Quoted here for truth. When next year rolls around we can all laugh at your preposterous prediction. 5% huh? And written/quoted twice, so you can't claim a typo. I can't wait for your backpedaling to start on this one. Maybe if you start now...
This one we'll have to just disagree on. Even if they're not technically forced, many consumers feel constantly pushed and badgered to go in directions they would prefer not to go. Keeping purchases simple and with one single account/merchant/store is desirable to many. Otherwise, it doesn't take a lot of imagination to see an ugly situation manifesting itself over time. Don't think of yourself, but think of the non-techy or older generation (that's why I quoted...
All the venting on both sides is ridiculous. It's surprising very few of the commenters here really understand what this is about. Quoting a couple bright people below. Yes, Apple wants to be compensated for setting things up and facilitating the virtually frictionless ecosystem that the app store has become. We can all argue about an appropriate rate for that privilege, but there is something else you guys seem to be missing. APPLE IS STICKING TO THEIR GUNS AND NOT...
I don't mind the article, this is an Apple (fan) news site, after all. But Daniel seems to have gotten progressively worse over the years in severely biasing his articles. I still enjoy the depth of research in many of them, but when you stretch the truth or paint opinion as fact, it gets tiresome. Small case in point here, unless I'm completely missing something, this sentence bothered me:just how deeply Apple's less than a year old iPad has infected the media, now...
And you're the only one that quoted it, therefore leaving it here for all to see even after he deleted it. Not very smart. I'm not so soft-shelled that I'm super-offended by it, but why don't you go back and edit your post. Or perhaps a mod could do that, seeing as that was surely both his and your intent.
Now this is an intriguing idea that I hadn't heard of yet. I think it has merit. But I also think there has to be more to it than that, just due to the physical size/scope of the project. On the other side of the equation, I wish more web/mobile app developers would take into consideration that many people don't actually want to host their personal data, photos, etc. on public servers at all. That's forever baby. I have to think there's a market for someone to write...
Thanks! Then again, "decades" could be as little as 2
What a bunch of BS. I have no interest in having my whereabouts tracked by anyone online, and that includes Apple. The carriers have that data because they're required to by law, but that's it. Are there special cases where it might be worthwhile? Sure, alzheimers folks; maybe some kids/teens if they're not perfectly trustworthy, I guess. Probably others as well. But not the general population. As CEOStevie says:I feel sad for you and any significant other of yours,...