or Connect

Posts by Blah64

Uh, you're spouting nonsense. What do you mean you "don't understand the difference between the glossy and matte screen"? One is glossy, one is matte. Seriously, do you not know the difference? Or are you attempting to say you can't *see* the difference? In any case, your comment about it being obvious that the 17" is the only one that will have that type of screen "because it's the high-end macbook pro" is ridiculous. The MacBook Pro *line* IS the high-end line, not...
Apparently so! Sarcasm Walter, sarcasm!You are on track here. Just follow through to the logical conclusion and realize that I do not and NEVER WILL rent a movie in this manner, with these restrictions. That's the problem! Currently it's not a HUGE problem as long as Blockbuster and other "traditional" rental options exist. Blockbuster rentals are for a week for older movies and two days (actually longer without fees, but that's another story) for newer/hot movies. ...
If the keyboard equivalents are accessible with one hand it's not so bad (Cmd-S, Cmd-W), but often with laptops yeah, you're propped up in some funny position and then forced to use two hands to do some basic operation. I'm well familiar with the ugliness of OLE, but this is not embedding apps within apps, which, while powerful, can get quite confusing and messy. What I'm talking about is merely a uniform way to group disparate windows into a tabbed window. It wouldn't...
Excuse me if someone, somewhere has already thought of this (I didn't read every last sentence in every post here), but I have some thoughts on how Tabs-On-Top could become even more useful. Step one: Tabs-On-Top becomes a "built-in" service that any application can take advantage of, just as most applications use standard window functionality. At this point, almost any application is "tabbable". I don't think this would be extraordinarily difficult, technically,...
Wow, you are one awesome dude. You must not work, commute, sleep, eat, wash dishes, pay bills, and you definitely don't have kids. Can I be you? Let's see, the most basic life-functions take maybe... work: 8 hrs (much more for *real* jobs ;-) ), commute: 1.5 hrs (both ways), sleep: 8 hrs (for many), lunch: 1hr, dinner - prep and eating: 1.5 hrs. Let's see.... that's 20 hours so far. If kids need help with homework or you just want to spend a couple hours with them,...
No kidding. Does anyone know anything about this? I'm waiting for a Little Snitch for iPhone / iPodTouch before even buying one. Hey Objective Development (obdev.com), how about it??
I am not disabled. Nor am I inclined to be very "PC", in general. But that comment was just nasty. Even if it was intended as sarcastic humor, it doesn't belong here.
If we can get this thread back to a more positive direction.... Did you lose the wrestling match? ;-) . .
Sounds like it was elaborate. Pictures!?
Let's hope that it NEVER seems normal. I'm happy to see that people are thinking more critically about this type of "service" than in the recent past. Is it possible that there are specific cases where this might be useful? Sure. But in general, this stuff is leading down a very scary path if it becomes "normal". Couple things to consider: 1) Fine-grained privacy controls are okay to keep out the casual dude perusing the internet. But at the end of the day you're...