or Connect

Posts by Blah64

Agree on all counts. Though I wouldn't really care if two USB ports were on the same side, fine with me.That said, for me personally, I would never buy a portable computer with only a single port. My laptop is my main computer and typical use is maybe 10-12 hours/day. Even though I change physical locations often, I have multiple power cables and run plugged in more often than not. With my fairly demanding usage, I tend to get maybe 2/3 of spec'd battery life, and...
Clearly you don't use external USB devices much, or you have some kind of 6th sense. There have been jokes about how this works in reality for years. Cartoons even. Here's one article, and a cartoon:http://lifehacker.com/5847279/how-to-plug-in-a-usb-cable-correctly-every-time[ ps for long-time compatriots: I've been here on AI for 13 years and this is the first time I've ever bothered to figure out how to embed an image in a comment! ]
Great comment. Insightful, and unlike so many, on topic.
I just thought I'd correct you on something here.You say: "I just don't give Google and Data", but unless you take extreme measures, google is tracking nearly everything you do online, including visiting AppleInsider. Have you looked at the source for this very page you're reading right now? google analytics, google tags, google ads, google google google.Merely visiting AppleInsider, whether or not you're logged in, is feeding data directly to google. Where you are...
You should know by now that no one gets a free pass from me on personal datamining. It's simply what I said, no more, no less: "everything is speculation at this point, I don't think it's worth spending a ton of time talking about just yet.".
Ditto. I do think Apple might be a company people would trust to let consumers manage their own ads, but everything is speculation at this point, I don't think it's worth spending a ton of time talking about just yet.Better than nothing, I guess, but week-long sessions likely allow cookie droppers to correlate sessions, making your efforts more of a "feel good" thing than actually protecting against tracking.I run maybe 98% of the time with cookies completely disabled,...
Bingo! This is why I stuck with analog cable for as long as possible. Long after they badgered, cajoled and attempted to bribe us out. We stuck it out until they killed it.As you say, the digital STBs keep track of everything you're doing on your TV, what you're watching, what you search for, what times you watch TV, everything. If everyone understood this there would be a lot more pushback and/or push for transparency/disclosure of exactly what data is gathered and...
I beg to differ. See this document:http://www.seattleschools.org/modules/groups/homepagefiles/cms/1583136/File/Departmental%20Content/school%20board/14-15%20agendas/101514agenda/20141015_Computers_Recommendation.pdfI'll quote the section where they document the reasons for NOT choosing chromebooks:You can take what you want from this, but clearly there are issues with using these devices in a managed environment. What really concerns me, and I'd love to see more...
Definitely true, and definitely a reason that "under-13" laws need to be more strictly enforced than they are now (unlike Zfuckerberg's warped ideas:http://fortune.com/2011/05/20/zuckerberg-kids-under-13-should-be-allowed-on-facebook/).Though his sister may have different views:http://www.theguardian.com/technology/shortcuts/2013/oct/22/mark-zuckerberg-randi-children-book-facebookA big question is: which direction are things headed in the future.Teens and 20s are slowly...
FFS, it's not a "public perception" problem, the problem is that most people really don't want others around them to have an internet-connected (video) camera in their face the entire time they're hanging out. Hiding the camera would be a complete douchebag move. Oh wait, you're talking about google.Glass without a camera would be another direction they could go. Access to the internet without even taking a device out of your pocket. Heck, I'd even have potential...