or Connect

Posts by Blah64

No snark intended here -- really. But management/IT at your company is okay with Google having access to your internal corporate documents? To me (and many, many large corporations), that's craziness. Please don't think for a minute that documents created and edited on google apps are private. Often times, contracts have stipulations such as "for your eyes only" or similar. There are a lot of things to consider, and frankly, many companies really haven't thought things...
No kidding!I already disable "location permission", but yes, if there is no system-wide "Disable iBeacons" setting, this will lead me to turn off bluetooth altogether as well. Read on before dismissing this as overkill. Your 3rd option is relevant.If individual apps trigger iBeacons just by being installed, not running, and the only option to "disable" them is to delete them, how will people deal with this when this type of location tracking digs its way into...
This sounds good for Apple (and AAPL), which I'm happy to hear -- as long as it can be absolutely 100% turned off.   I don't want any stores or any company, including Apple, to be able to track my location in real time.  It's bad enough that the cell companies do this (with all phones, smart or dumb), but it's not possible to have any kind of voice or data connection otherwise.    It doesn't matter whether the IDs are "anonymous" or not, it's far too easy to...
I was going to skip the response, because I don't believe personal stuff belongs on a public blog, but I'm going to try to be short and hope it doesn't come out as curt or rude.No.In fact I know they didn't. Not at 12/13, let alone age 10.No it's not. You're projecting. Maybe for your kids, but not mine, nor most of their friends. Some of that is parenting, much of it is their nature.Again, you're projecting based on your own family life. My kids don't watch any of...
Thanks. Sometimes I wonder if anyone's listening. Good to know at least someone is! :-)
I should also mention: we can disagree on the meaning of this particular song, but if you think Macklemore doesn't have songs about "bitches and hoes", you need to go read some of his lyric sheets.When kids have free run of music, they will gravitate toward popular musicians and bands. He is VERY popular right now, and trust me, if they're listening to one of his songs, they're listening to many (or all) of his songs.I'm not big on censorship, because I feel like adults...
Let me rephrase that. Does anyone who has or had daughters think this song is okay for kids?Your first question made me think you don't have kids. Since you say otherwise, I can only imagine that you don't understand them. Your kids' interest in music is going to be 10% to do with your household and 90% due to school and friends. There's just no way around that.Your second question is far more interesting. That is exactly the case in our household, but our kids are in...
Yes!Why aren't more people bothered by this?
I see that now, though there's still more here than I would be comfortable with, personally. But everyone has different comfort levels with this stuff, and I'd forgotten that she posted that link.Until I hear otherwise, I'm still hopeful that we'll hear from Relic again.
I guess it's time for me to weigh in on a pet peeve of mine related to this topic, though slightly different from the gripe (which seems like a bug). The "explicit" rating system is poorly implemented and over-simplistic. It's not just the famous 7 words that should get a song the "explicit" rating. I can hear some of you saying "huh?!", but I'll list the lyrics below of a song that's completely inappropriate in the context of, say, an 11 year old daughter that loves to...