or Connect

Posts by Blah64

Guys, not so fast! Go back and re-read his statements. I believe he's saying that market share will double by 2013, not that the stock price will double!And yes, that would be a big deal.
Here's a couple more: 1) The more Flash is ubiquitous (or if devs think it is), the more sites will be developed that require it, leading to a sort of defacto-need-to-have. It's really frickin' annoying to have to enable Flash just to see anything at some sites. While we can justifiably call such developers idiots, they will continue to act as such for as long as they keep reading dubious quotes about the so-called 98% Flash availability. And Adobe is great at making...
HAHAHAHA! Okay, that made my evening.... Thanks.
Apple's stock is up today because it's basically tracking the market. A bit better on a percentage basis because AAPL regularly does that, both upwards and downwards.http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=AAPL,QQQQ&d=s
In all these systems, the hosting company can peruse through all of everyone's data. That's creepy enough!Nah, if person A's account is compromised that includes their own data and all the other people in their address book. i.e. If your account is compromised then person A and person B and everyone else just had their data spilled.Yes, the above issues are bad enough, but this is what really sucks about these systems. It happens all the time, and with far more secure...
This is just not true. If you put information online, then anyone who has access to that data can easily propagate that information. Happens all the time, I'm surprised you would make such a statement.You state this as if it's a fact, but I wholeheartedly disagree. Yes, there is a "social networking gap", and it will continue to evolve over the coming decades. No doubt. But to assume people behave the same when they are kids and teens as they do as adults is just...
Of course, but most data security these days is a joke. And one of the big things I was trying to point out is that with managed online personal-info datastores members are "tricked" into giving OTHER people's personal information to the keepers of the data, even if it is otherwise secure. Offline, in-person, would you give out your friends' phone numbers to other people they didn't know without getting permission first? Some people do, but that's disgustingly...
Just because someone doesn't want to put their life on permanent display (remember, "The internet never forgets!"), doesn't mean they "don't get" tech changes. I am very involved in this field, and understand it deeply. And partly -because- of that, will never, ever post personal stuff in a public blog, flog, etc. Remember too, that when you post pictures and information about your kids online, you are probably doing so without their permission. Would you like it if...
Holy cow, I can't tell whether your post is sarcastic or not. Either way, how absolutely scary and stupid that would be to allow people access to my personal address book -- even if somehow we believe it would be secure enough to protect against messing with other entries (most net security is a joke), what if I don't want people looking at or fricking with MY data?! Besides, do you want others to be able to poke through private info of your friends? Do THEY want that? ...
What if you don't own a TV? Is this really a TV-tax or a residence tax? I'm sure there are plenty people who don't feel the need. While I have TV around now, watching infrequently, for several years I was an avid (uh, obsessive) "No TV. TV bad" person. And I would have been furious if I was forced to pay for something like that.