or Connect

Posts by Blah64

Geez, you're missing the entire point. No, it's NOT the same as taking a number. Taking a paper number out of a dispenser does not in any way relate your visit to you as an individual and track your physical location, repeated visits to a particular store(s), etc. Just remember, there is virtually no legislation in place to prevent abuse of this kind of data. What constitutes abuse isn't even defined. Eventually, over many years I expect those things will slowly...
No kidding. All this keep-track-of-your-every-movement is beyond creepy. On one hand, it's neat and clever that it can be done. But SHOULD it be done? Slowly but surely people are being lured into handing over their lives to a handful of very large corporations. Apple may be better than the others as far as privacy goes, but it's all trending toward a very dangerous future. And if it's not curtailed it will become more difficult for "regular folks" to do their basic...
Not hardly. She's a typical person that doesn't care about tech details. If you truly believe your own comment (and weren't just being sarcastic), then you need to get out into the real world a bit more.
I guess no one else here picked up on this, but you're absolutely right. This is a geek design, not an elegant one, and it's design decisions like this that microsoft loves as well.
You're very welcome! Usually I feel like these discussions are for naught, so it's nice to see someone receptive to a nudge like this. (Of course you had to already be thinking along those lines, but it still feels good). Now, pass it on! :-)
No kidding. What is it with the sheep mentality? Unless you feel the need to have your life opened up online, why bother? Just say NO! If you like to communicate with your friends, there is email, phones, and (shocking) talking in person! None of which require you to kowtow to Facebook management, who are NOT in business to make life better for you. Make no mistake, they are in business to make profit, and that requires them to push everyone to make as much of their...
This is great stuff, and it's unfortunate that some don't respect the fact that you're actually successful enough at what you're doing to make a living at it. From what I've seen in the trading world (yes folks, this is trading, not investment, so what!), a huge part of that is risk management. Not getting in too deep on any one trade and balancing wins/losses in a way that makes sense for your strategies. Couple questions for you: how long have you been doing this? or...
And therefore, Mr Underhill is a young tart! sorry, couldn't resist.
You only think you haven't posted your home address. ;-)http://www.google.com/search?q=nyt+g...veal+more+wish click the first link, the New York Times article. Okay, maybe you don't post photos either, or you're smart enough and on the ball enough that you've already removed that info. Or you have an older camera (but that will change). But y'know, there are millions of people doing shit that they have no idea about.Heh. I enjoyed the humor there, it's cute. And...
The conversation here so far is hilarious. Facebook is a huge phenomenon, that's for sure. It fills a strong perceived need for people to be in constant contact with others, whether they're "real" friends or not. And it helps people feel important, and "tuned in". The problem is this folks: Facebook is not a benign entity. They do not exist to help you communicate with others. They exist to make a profit, and the way they do that is by extracting as much personal...