or Connect

Posts by Blah64

No, I use mostly free and open source developer tools day-to-day (it's a wonderful day and age to be a developer), and other productivity tools that can be purchased at retail stores, like iWork, etc.However, I am saying that at some point it's possible that I will have no choice but to "side-load" an OS onto at least some computers if Apple provides no way to purchase other than online. If and when that proves to be the case, at least it looks like the OS itself will be...
Bingo!But it's not just kids.People are getting numbed to the fact that much of what they do on their computers is monitored, and virtually everything they do on their mobile devices is monitored these days. Not just in a listen-on-the-wires sense, but mobile devices, by default, are not really your own personal devices, they are more and more controlled day-to-day by the manufacturers and/or carriers. Look at the "forced OS upgrade" problem people are facing now with...
Thank you for the well-thought out comment. Technology is by far NOT the most important piece of education. Used properly, it can be leveraged to students' advantage, but it's at least as likely, from what I've seen, to be misused and a drag on education instead. Lots of thought needs to be put into how, where, when and why these devices are used, and unfortunately, most educators don't have the cross-domain knowledge to understand all the pieces to this puzzle.I did...
Something to consider: Human fingers press on touchscreens at different angles, depending on how far you are reaching and how you are holding a device (try it yourself). It's not inconceivable that this is by design, because our fingers do not operate like a thin pin coming straight down onto the screen. With different angles, we have a different "feel" for where our fingers are supposed to be pressing. That said, I have no information that would suggest Apple has...
Good for you on the no-email-access. Frankly, I can't understand why anyone would ever give access to their email/password to a 3rd party company. It defies common sense to tie all these services together.It really, really pisses me off when someone has my email address in their address book and then hands over the keys to other companies. Yes, LinkedIn was a particularly egregious example of this being misused. They spammed me based on that info from several...
I hope you see the irony here, Facebook is simply a gimmicky social media platform as well. And one that constantly screws over its user base time and time again. The only thing it has going for it is that it has a very broad reach.I'm curious how many people here are sick of Facebook but just don't see a simple, viable way to communicate with their friends easily.How many of you actually trust Facebook to not misuse your personal data?Real questions, I'm interested to...
I had to go look this up directly on square's site because it seemed to stupid to be true.  From what I'm reading there, it's not just ill-advised, it's completely moronic.  Your actual payment information is right there in clear-text email !   Not only are there all kinds of ways to spoof email (though I'm sure they think they have tricky algorithms to detect it, good luck with that!), but the meta data alone is asinine to be throwing around in public email.  For...
 I don't use this service (nor would I want to), but from what you've wrote here it doesn't even sound like you're sending money by email at all, it sounds like you're using other means (bank App or online web site), and the only part of it that's email is a verification sent to your recipient.  Is that right?   That's still meta data sent in the clear, which I wouldn't do, but at least it's not payment data itself.  This seems to confirm what I'm saying above, I think,...
 On the one hand I feel like you must be joking, but I don't think you are. Seriously, email accounts are the least secure, most easily and often hacked, trivially spoofed, stupidest idea EVER, for attaching to financial transactions.  Holy crap, what are they thinking?!