or Connect

Posts by Blah64

Great post.  Short, relevant, and highlights an extremely important aspect of what's happened in mobile over the past few years.  Perhaps THE most important aspect.
  I always wonder when people say they value their privacy if they really, truly do, or if they've just found one particular thing that annoys them.   Do you use Facebook?  How about Google?  I mean any of their services, search, gmail, anything.  Do you use filtering software (like various ad-blockers or Little Snitch) to block the all the google ads and analytics on probably 80% of sites?   Do you use Survellance Cards (whoops, I mean credit/debit cards) for day-to-day...
  There is, it's called: Firewall IP   Of course you need to jailbreak, since Apple doesn't want users in control of network traffic.
  Well where there's a will to tax, there's a way, and in at least some states it's not likely to work out even as "nicely" as you suggest above.  The talk is of moving to a "mileage tax", where electric cars pay tax based on how many miles you drive.  http://tech.slashdot.org/story/13/01/03/237258/oregon-lawmakers-propose-mileage-tax-on-fuel-efficient-vehicles   In Texas, Washington and Oregon (among other states), they would like to implement this by installing a...
  Hahahahaha!   QFT
  And here I was hoping you or KD might actually respond to the meat of the issue.  Although for all I know you understand and agree with the bulk of what I wrote above.  (?)    I often agree with big chunks of what you write, it's just that you twist the conversations around, ignoring the important bits, and that's bothersome.   As for your question, I will merely answer "a variety of proprietary and OSS tools", and leave it at that.  And no, I don't block or mask every...
  Proof?  It's a given that Google makes money based on gathering data about their users, right?  Regardless of whether or not they "sell" it (semantics) externally, their business model, for many years now, depends on gathering personal data about their users.  I think everyone in the universe, including Google themselves agrees with that statement.  So what you're trying to say is that Apple is "just as bad", am I right?   I am living proof that they are not.  I use...
  AppleTV / iTV is certainly one reasonable assumption.  My favorite plan though, is Search.     Yes, general-purpose search.  It takes a ton of resources and time to build up, just like Maps (and we saw how hard that was to pull off a good v1.0).  But can you imagine if it was successful at drawing even 10% of the general search audience?  Google would be shitting their pants, for sure, and it's probably one of the few product areas that would be likely move the needle...
    This ^ ^ ^ ^.   Who is so goddam important that they can't stop texting and checking emails for 10 fucking minutes?!  To the point that we need to write a LAW to guarantee their unfettered access?  Just as ridiculous, if not more so, than the rules themselves.
  I agree.  I'm definitely not understanding the logistics of how this is being used for entry.  If there are no gates, then what stops people from sauntering past the workers?