or Connect

Posts by dr_lha

This is pure anti-MS crap. The entire world is sharing .doc files without these issues. When was the last time you heard of a significant presence of a Word Macro virus? 1995? Office 2008 is terrible, but you're going to far here.
Who's been doing that exactly? A lot of us rely on Microsoft Office for our work, so are rightfully pissed off when MS release sub-par upgrade that actually lacks features compared to the previous version.Again, what are you basing this comment on? I was one of the ones complaining about performance and both my machines are less than 14 months old, including a Quad Mac Pro.Or if you need VBA, or if you don't want constant beachballs while trying to manipulate graphs in...
Worked for me on my Mac Pro and MacBook Pro.
After the update maybe, but for excel graphs, not before. I have some graphs with 1000s of points on them, and with the initial Excel 2008, it would take literally 30-60 seconds on a Quad CPU Mac Pro to change the axis. On Excel 2004 a similar operation took a few seconds.
Didn't purchase it, my work has it for free as part of their agreement with MS. However the simple answer to "do you like it" is: NO. The Office program I use the most is Excel, which in 2008 is slower and has less features than 2004. Until this update (which has actually speeded up graph generation considerably) I had been sticking with Excel 2004 because my work was actually impossible with 2008 due to the extreme slowness. I would personally say that if anyone is a...
Great, Microsoft Office 2008 is as buggy as all hell, not to mention slow. I hope that Excel plotting now can be at least as fast as it was on Excel 2004 running under Rosetta.
Nice summary, I guess when Apple says "Server Grade" they mean "what we put in an XServe". Out of interest, does anyone know what operating system these things run?
Not strickly true, in the US analogue cable is not scrambled (apart from premium channels) and cable companies are required to provide HD feeds of local channels in unscambled format (so called ClearQAM). If Apple put a QAM decoder on this thing, then it could at least record HDTV for Network TV off cable (as well as any other unscrambled QAM channels, in my case apart from the locals, GolTV!), as well as basic analogue cable channels. Its not going to replace a TiVoHD...
What is the point of your post? Would you rather they not fix the keyboard problem that is affecting thousands of users also? I never understand why when Apple releases fixes its always met with "wahhh!!! Why didn't they fix my issue!". Maybe this is understandable if this thread was about 10.5.2 or something, but to moan like this when Apple make a very specific fix is just silly. Patience, I'm sure Apple are aware of your issue and are working on it, although for the...
To guarantee Apple and AT&T a steady profit over the lifetime of the phone I guess. From a customer's point of view its a pretty bad deal I'll agree as every other phone gets subsidized. For this reason when I got my iPhone, I also got a free phone from AT&T (I was out of contract) to sell on Ebay to "self-subsidize" the iPhone. I believe getting an iPhone doesn't actually affect your eligibility to get a free phone in any way so many people who upgraded to an iPhone could...