or Connect

Posts by jbh0001

No, they didn't. This is a bad example because it too easily falls under the "general-purpose gift card" category.Correct. The devil is in the details of "pre-defined items." Whether the patent office should granting patents for business or transaction models or "intellectual property" is not the point. They did. And here we are.What makes this atypical from most patent litigation we hear about is that this couple was proactive in protecting their rights instead of...
Why start pushing a web-based application in favor of your cash cow? I wonder what the "gotcha" is. It's probably a subscription fee. Keep track of your finances on our website for $19.95/month. Can't pay? No problem (for us), we'll just delete all that data and move on unless you keep up with the friendship dues. All your data are belong to us.
Do you expect that the food and drink you buy from a restaurant will cause third degree burns and require skin grafts and a 7-day hospital stay? Sounds like a safety and defective product issue to me. The iPhone suit has nothing in common with the "Joan-of-Arc" coffee that McDonalds was serving.
If is got Penryn + Santa Rosa, I'll be interested., otherwise I'll wait That means that it won't ship until at least November 12, 2007 when Penryn is "officially" released.
Right now, Penryn will officially launch on November 12, 2007. Don't hold your breath for Apple to incorporate Penryn or Nehalem. We have been waiting since May 9, 2007 for the Macs that rely on integrated graphics (MacBook, MacMini) to be upgraded to the Santa Rosa platform, with GMA X3100 integrated graphics to replace the current GMA 950 integrated graphics. A refresh of the Santa Rosa chips is now also expected to accompany the Penryn launch on November 12,...
Umm, a burrow is a hole in the ground or other excavation (like a tunnel), especially for rabbits, mice, prairie dogs, moles, and Hobbits.A borough is a neighborhood, precinct, district, or town; the cognate of the Spanish barrio, also synonymous with or similar to burg (a walled town or city) and burgh (but not Borg or bog, which are synonymous with Microsoft and the location one feels one is stuck in after using their products, respectively).A bureau is a chest of...
Corporate mergers. If you can't with them over fair and square, buy them out. Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated.
Hmmm. . . That might explain those suspicious looking MIB lurking around the other day when I bought that new belt, and those shoes. . . Hmmmm. . . .
RFIDs don't need their own power supply. They are transponders which activate by the power of transient radio waves.It's kind of like the difference between a a television set and an oil painting: The television set provides its own light source. Getting data from an RFID tag is like shining a flashlight on an oil painting to see it. In this scenario, the computer's wi-fi components act as both flashlights and eyeballs. Transponders need no internal power source to...
This sounds like a bad idea to me because it opens security hole in which someone could create a malicious RFID tag, slap it under your desk, and re-rout your DNS through their own malicious proxies. That "configuration information" could be configuration for just about anything. It is bad, because it assumes trustworthy information from the RFID tag without any verification. Boy, the NSA could slip these RFID tags into just about any device that might get near a...