or Connect

Posts by jbh0001

The headline should read: Apple security finds Aqua leak inside Cupertino campus 8)
What's he on?
Kind of reminds my of this.
True, the earth is round. But there are internationally agreed-upon demarcation points such as the International Date Line and the Prime Meridian. Everything east of the Prime Meridian and west of the International Date Line can technically and properly be described as Oriental. Everything west of the Prime Meridian and east of the International Date Line can technically and properly be described as Occidental.Similarly, everything north of the Equator is described as...
I'm waiting for the Santa Rosa platform and Leopard to show up in Macs before I switch. This will happen to coinside nicely with tax refund time. I still need Windows to run WordPerfect and Quicken 2004. (Later versions of Quicken have dropped support for .qif files, which locks me out of my bank). I was going to purchase Vista to also run on the new Macs, but the pricing and licencing is just getting too ridiculous. I still have a legitimate copy of Windows 98SE which...
That's because there is some news in there. The news is that wait times have increased. This is stated three different ways within the first three sentences. This is a strong signal that Apple is clearing the channel for new product introductions. This, in turn, means that that "unspecified point in the futrure" will be sooner rather than later. For those of us about to make a purchase, it is a "heads up" to hold off a week or so so that you don't get stung.Secondly,...
Direct from the horse's mouth.
Point well taken, but that assumes that 1394c even implements S1600 or S3200. Everthing I've seen about 1394c only deals with S800, which is already available on the MBP, and now 24" iMac. These are using laptop platflorms.Here's the most recent thing I could find on 1394c. And it only hints at any speed beyond S800.
Nobody but Apple (essentially) used firewire, and then only for (preety much ) external hard drives. Why? Because Apple got Intel to put a lot of development into Firewire, and then pissed everybody off with their licencing scheme. Intel pulled out and before long, USB 2.0 emerged from (principally) Intel. Intel has not pushed support for Firewire in any of its chipsets since then. Microsoft Windows has supported Firewire since 98SE or 2000. Because Intel chipsets...
Unless they've fleshed out the standards for S1600 and S3200, all 1394c will do (essentially) is piggy back Firewire 800 (S800) on the back of ethernet ports. There's the potential for FW800 port to dissappear altogether as they get replaced by RJ45 ports. That essentially makes 1394c an alteranive to 1G ethernet. But even at that, the ethernet folks are busy getting 10G ethernet out to the marketplace. Meanwhile, firewire is languishing. Even if S3200 (~3.2Gb/s)...