or Connect

Posts by macinthe408

I like how companies are content to "catch up." Why don't you ever see a CEO of an Apple competitor come out and say, "We want to SURPASS Apple, not catch up to them."? 
In related news: Tonight's news only mentions that Apple iOS devices can be compromised...and (in whispering voice)...but only those that are jailbroken can be completely compromised.
I don't see the Backup in my Mac's iCloud Control Panel. I do have Backup up and running on my iOS devices.
iOS 8 has easily been the most problematic. What's awesome for Apple is that most of the issues are ineffable, indescribable anomalies that you can't isolate, but which contribute to a crappy user experience. A slowdown here, a soft reboot there, a jerky Springboard motion, an unresponsive Home button press (or five), a Bluetooth toggle that jumps back to Off when you try to slide it to On (have never been able to figure that one out), and so on. 
Waiting for follow-up article, "Apple missing huge opportunity by not developing Smart Covers for lefties!" Huge, I tell you! How do fringe use cases get turned into articles at AI?
iOS 77% + Android 23%. I'm not good at math, so what does that leave Windows Phone with?
Although we all have rosy visions of our favorite fruit company, how does this valuation windfall benefit the rank-and-file of the company, who continue to toil away in a housing market that barely allows most of their employees to afford a studio apartment in San Francisco or an 800-sq-ft house in Cupertino? This is great for Apple. A big {jerking hand motion} to everyone else. What if, let's say, Apple took a chunk of their profits and gave the entire company an...
As an Apple watcher, all I read was "drop in demand." It's over for Apple. Sell the company before the ship sinks.
People, this is normal in Hollywood. It's just that as with anything Apple, every little piece of news gets posted on AI, making us think that it won't happen. About 98.5% of films go through these same motions before a second of action is put on film. Name any successful film of the last 30 years and I bet you 100% that it was punted/rejected at least three times. "The Godfather" is a great example. No one wanted to make it, which is why FFC had to finance most of it...
What about Finder improvements? The performance of Finder from Mavericks to Yosemite on my MBPr 15" (16GB RAM) decreased significantly. I have folder of about 3,000 items that I routinely perform commands on. With Mavericks, simply selecting all the deleting took about 3 seconds; with Yosemite, about 30 seconds. I have a few stories like these. Sad.