or Connect

Posts by macinthe408

Why does iTunes need an update to talk to a CDMA phone? Does data piped through the dock connector care how the phone talks to a tower? Maybe it's only updating the iPhone image that is displayed in the Summary tab of iTunes.
Let me quote Lil' Lupe from Howard Stern: "Ohhhhh Goooooooooooooood!"
This is a bitch slap to all the stupid people in Hollywood, Comcast, NBC, etc., (i.e., content owners).
Finally, a genius!
Really? Had no idea. Does this break a lot current apps, or is it easy for devs to work around? Isn't "self contained" and "no background processes" redundant?
The PlayBook will only need a few bullets on the box it will ship in: Runs Flash Can play a 1080p video in the background while you play Checkers in the foreground. Useful! Flash Dual-hexacore modulus RAM with L6 cache and asynchronous step-down transformers (iPad has none of these worthless hardware specs) Plays Adobe Corporation's Flash content using its built-in Flash plug-in, which the iPad doesn't have See bullets above
The fact that Apple will place a NFC device into the iPad/iPhone isn't surprising; Google is doing it as well. What will set Apple apart is that they'll actually make a software front-end that will make the hardware useful. Most other companies throw hardware into their product just to say they have said hardware, although they're virtually useless because the user is left to figure out its intended use on their own. See FaceTime for the proper way to introduce new...
"Hi, this is Jim Balsilly, CEO of RIM. I just wanted to let Deutsche Bank know that the PlayBook will run Flash. It'll run Flash, god dammit. FLASH!" On a separate note, iOS needs to address this. It is very unlike Apple to have an entire piece of UI real estate be virtually useless; the lock screen does nothing other than tell the time. I see a glowing screen, or a sleep indicator that could double as a new-email alert. Maybe it could be touch-sensitive and replace the...
If this is a calculated move on Apple's part, it's genius. If it isn't, still genius. Either way, start warming up the Brink's truck, 'cause it's going to be another huge payday for the Fruit.
This story would have been AMAZING/GROUNDBREAKING/AWESOME/UNHEARD OF/SHOCKING/FLABBERGASTING/EARTH-SHATTERING/UNDENIABLY FANTASTIC/ORGASMIC had it been released the day before the Verizon iPhone announcement.