or Connect

Posts by macinthe408

I have yet to see a Xoom out in the wild. I travel two to three times per week, and all I see are people waiting for their planes using iPads, with the exception of one Dell Streak in--where else--Texas. I saw a family of four that had--wait a minute!--four iPads!
They must already be losing money on each of these things. If they weren't, they'd undercut the price of the iPad. Now, instead of touting the fact that it's cheaper than the iPad, "the same price as" won't have as much of an impact as they'd hope for.
Where are the rumors of the other end of the NFC device chain? Apple will not spuriously throw in a piece of hardware without an accompanying piece of elegant software (see FaceTime). There needs to be a correlative device on the retailer end to communicate with the iPhone 5's NFC chip. Might Apple develop and distribute a cool-looking dongle with a phone jack, WiFi and Ethernet port that retailers can connect, in parallel, to their current VeriFone device?
After this report, I heard that they're not.
Ok, and this data means just what to me? I use iOS because Android sucks; looks and feels like it was programmed by a bunch of dudes in a basement playing D&D between compiles. And that should mean nothing to anyone else. I like iOS; I think Android sucks. The data mean the same thing - it's personal.
Lawyer fight!
I took a picture of the Xoom launch at a local Best Buy, and had to Photoshop people IN.
I'm calling the new Parental Controls the dark horse "killer app." You watch.
How dare Apple adopt a new, unproven technology! Name one time in which they've succeeded in adopting (or eschewing) a new (or old) technology. Heed the words of Henry Ford, which I hear is imprinted on a marble slab on the ground in the foyer of Apple HQ: "If I'd asked my customers what they wanted, they'd have said a faster horse."
Seems very un-Apple like to release "interim" products used solely as stopgaps until better products roll around. This to me is Apple feeling threatened by the competition and is now resorting to the same tactics people lambast Apple's competitors for in the first place: releasing crap first, good stuff later. Google is adept at this, releasing perpetually-in-beta products to give them time to create, if ever, version 1.0.