or Connect

Posts by macinthe408

Well, you know what this means--AMOLED for iPad 2.
I would've stuck with Wired, but there was something fishy about receiving the print edition first before being able to download it on my iPad. My case might have been an exception to the rule, but in this day and age that shouldn't have happened at all. (My theory is that Apple's approval process screwed this up, but, as we all know, we can't confirm nor deny that.)
I heard Jakob Nielsen almost committed suicide after reading about the possibility of the iPad eschewing the Home button.
That stretch gesture when you reach the left- or right-most app is pretty cool. I like how Apple adds eye candy that is functional and not just for eye candy's sake. Why isn't there an option for 'Always' in the SMS repeat? Battery drain?
Reminds me of the Steven Wright joke where he starts, "About two years ago...no, wait, it was last night."
Google: Posturing first, customers second.
Oh no, the cat is out of the bag! This has totally blindsided Apple. Apple was expecting competitors to stick with 3G for at least 7 years, but it looks like the other side is trying to move on to the next big technology standard. Apple will now have to go back to the drawing board to stay competitive. (However, it looks like they'll be at least 2 years behind because they didn't except to ever happen.) Apple engineers hadn't even considered anything past 3G, but now...
Apple is slipping on their UI. The WiFi icon is not aligned with the top of the text to its right ("To..."), although the Bluetooth icon is. What's going on, Infinite Loop?
Slightly off topic, but you know what amazes me? 13 million. Apple will manufacture 13 million iPhones. Not plastic clothes hangers. Not rubber o-rings. Not Coke bottles. No, they will build 13 million iPhones--ultra-complex iPhones. We all know the stories from Asia, whereby Apple whips its employees until they each pump out 40 iPhones per minute, etc. It's mind boggling to me how they can produce that many phones, regardless of how big the factories are or how many...
Anyone using the word 'competition' in this thread will be flogged. The table shown in the article needs to be stamped with a DUOPOLY watermark. Everyone, remain in a bent over position.