or Connect

Posts by macinthe408

Let me see if I read this right: People checking for their deliveries slowed down the FedEx site?!
I should buy two, have them both up to my ears, and prance around local Apple Stores as others try to buy theirs, unsuccessfully.
I ordered mine through the App Store app. It didn't feel like a "solid" reservation, though. The Ajax loading icon was active for about 10 seconds, but it just could be that they made the Ajax icon active for 10 seconds to make me think it actually logged into the reservation system and reserved a real phone, as opposed to giving me a reason to enter an Apple Store to buy accessories instead of picking up an actual phone.
You know when you're in line at the supermarket, with about 4-5 people in front of you. Then a new line opens up and the cashier yells, "I'll take who's next in line." The people in front of you rush to the new line, leaving you with a cashier who's all yours. That's why I'm sticking with AT&T. The Verizon line will open up, everyone will rush over, and then leave me as the only AT&T customer on its network. Imagine how fast my 3G will be!
Downloaded the App Store app this morning, fired it up, and reserved myself an iPhone for pickup on June 24 at 7 a.m. at the local Apple Store! Took me all of 5 minutes. (Would've been faster if I didn't play a game of Tetris after downloading the app!)
I agree. It's also sad to see a doctor stake his supposedly scientific (unless he's a chiropractor) claim on the distance someone holds a phone away from their face when being used."Well, if it's 12 inches, Jobs is lying. However, at 18 inches it can honestly be called a Retina Display. Apple needs to tell users to hold it 18 inches away from their face to match their marketing message. Any less than 18 inches and Jobs is a liar." As such, both this doctor and Jobs are...
I wonder if Apple QA forgot to drop the phone from a few feet? Yea, I'm sure that was overlooked. Also, the lack of internal components really renders this test useless. Without the internal components, the entire case reverberates and flexes. It's not as solid. It's like dropping a marble and a Christmas ornament.
I mean, seriously, who needs a 64-bit version of Office now? This is the computer world's equivalent of Keeping Up with the Joneses. We don't need something, but gosh darn do we want it! For example, can you provide a plug-in that provides access to Twitter and Facebook that allows us to embed a live News Feed in an Excel worksheet's cell? What? Can't do it? What a crappy application.
But HTML5 is so closed. Apple won't release the specs because it's proprietary. If they allowed everyone to look at the source code, people wouldn't have to wait until Apple updated the standard, causing everyone else to wait for their updates, if they ever update at all. Oh wait, sorry, I mean Flash, not HTML5.
I'm confused. The iPad 3G, which I own, allows you to buy 3G access on the fly. Pay for the month when you need it, let it cancel when you don't. Repeat as needed. Since I am an existing customer, I needn't worry. I haven't used my 3G yet on my iPad. If I use it after Monday, am I screwed? On the other hand, if I were a new customer and get my iPad before the cutoff date, would I have to activate 3G before the cutoff date or is the info stored in the system so that...