or Connect

Posts by macinthe408

I hear RIM, Dell and Microsoft are already criticizing Apple for releasing the Lion Developer Preview with known issues. "Apple thinks its game is pristine. Well, how are you a billion-dollar company and still release software full of known issues? Apple's closed system prevents the world from helping it release quality software, developer preview or not; had Apple opened its libraries and DLLs and registries, it wouldn't have this issue. Instead, they heap upon...
I'm open-minded. If either HP or Dell make something better, I will buy it. Until then, they should just shut the fuck up. What are we up to now, three? Three competitors whose only responses are bullets on a PowerPoint slide. The only place this kind of shit talking would survive is at a pickup game at Rucker Park.
My home computer with 1.2TB of music is my 'cloud locker'. Audiogalaxy. Done.
If OnLive can do it over the Internet, why couldn't Apple do it over a WiFi network?
I have yet to see a Xoom out in the wild. I travel two to three times per week, and all I see are people waiting for their planes using iPads, with the exception of one Dell Streak in--where else--Texas. I saw a family of four that had--wait a minute!--four iPads!
They must already be losing money on each of these things. If they weren't, they'd undercut the price of the iPad. Now, instead of touting the fact that it's cheaper than the iPad, "the same price as" won't have as much of an impact as they'd hope for.
Where are the rumors of the other end of the NFC device chain? Apple will not spuriously throw in a piece of hardware without an accompanying piece of elegant software (see FaceTime). There needs to be a correlative device on the retailer end to communicate with the iPhone 5's NFC chip. Might Apple develop and distribute a cool-looking dongle with a phone jack, WiFi and Ethernet port that retailers can connect, in parallel, to their current VeriFone device?
After this report, I heard that they're not.
Ok, and this data means just what to me? I use iOS because Android sucks; looks and feels like it was programmed by a bunch of dudes in a basement playing D&D between compiles. And that should mean nothing to anyone else. I like iOS; I think Android sucks. The data mean the same thing - it's personal.
Lawyer fight!