or Connect

Posts by macinthe408

I like Google's open-ness mantra. It's funny to note, however, that they're open in segments that DON'T generate money. Why don't they open up their AdSense and search algorithms? Of course the fuck not.
Competition? I thought at least TWO opponents were needed to have a competition. Apple TV has yet to weigh in.
Why does everyone (Google, especially) assume that everyone is a master computer user and can automatically deal with the nefariousness of accessing rogue, unpatrolled app stores? We all know how well Grandma Tilly has fared with her Windows machine, what with her grandkids coming over every 2 hours to resuscitate her useless beige box and downloading yet another set of virus definitions. I'd rather err on the side of keeping the ecosystem closed. Everyone on this...
On a related note, iPad/iPhone prices to rise 12%. Jobs ain't dumb.
It's great that content owners just get it.
Like iBooks, why can't there be an iMag? Re: GQ: Has the thought that the app sucks ever cross their mind?
He wanted the letter from Apple to hold off the mountains of "Fake!" that would have been hurled at him. "Don't believe, well, here's a letter from Apple!"
It seems that it's always addressed in an update, but SMB performance on a Windows network sucks. It takes 20 seconds or more for me to see the contents of a Windows network folder. In Windows, it's nearly instantaneous. Of course, it could be a multitude of problems with my particular installation (isn't it always?), but browsing network volumes seems like a low level OS activity that shouldn't be affected by, say, a Star Wars screensaver I have installed.
It's amazing what kind of crappy news article can be created by using the word 'could' in the headline. Here are some examples: Apple could use spent nuclear rods to power future devices Apple one day could create a quantum computer Apple could change its name to Zapple so it can be on the other end of the alphabet It's like the patent trolls who get wood at every little high-concept patent application Apple submits. ("Apple files patent that allows butterflies to use...
I'm trying to figure out why the four sample images show someone trying to spell in French using the English keyboard. (There's no globe icon next to the space bar is how I know.)