or Connect

Posts by icibaqu

My wife and I did the same as you when she decided she wanted an iPhone (for calendar syncing).  unlimited everything prepaid for $50 a month each. ($52 with tax when i reupped this month).  We save at least $40 a month pre-tax, and that's with at AT&T plan that was: $70 for 700 min shared, $10 (each) for 1,000 texts (grandfathered from the past), $30 my grandfathered data, and a min of $20 for her data plan = $140-- BEST CASE SCENARIO.   So she paid a $100 ETF and in...
Question (since I have not yet downloaded).     Am I able to make the installer thumb drive as I did with Lion?  If so, do I need an 8GB stick again?    Also, when I installed Lion I did a clean install and then restored my backup information from my Time Machine backup (actually, I remember now that it restored it to Snow Leapord, and then I had to upgrade again, but my backup reinstalled   as a clean install (i.e. drive was not fragmented).  If I do not do a...
      of course this site noted just a few days ago that the FCC was, for the first time in 15 years, opening an inquiry on this very topic.   I'm not spreading fear, uncertainty and doubt, i'm talking about Apple being a leader in many respects, not just in dropping optical drives. 
same site: iPhone 4s:   1.18 W/kg (head)     0.98 W/kg (body)     iPhone 4 (not on that site) 1.17 (head)  0.43 (body)  (this site: http://www.phonearena.com/news/FCC-greets-the-Apple-iPhone-4-heres-an-SAR-comparison_id11766 iPhone 3gs: 0.26 W/kg (head)     0.79 W/kg (body)       Galaxy S II: 0.16 W/kg (head)     0.96 W/kg (body)     Galaxy S III:  0.55 W/kg (head)     1.49 W/kg (body)    it's irrelevant that Jobs did not die of brain cancer... he died of cancer.  
One place where Samsung's Galaxy phones are smoking Apple is in the phone's SAR rating. Apple's phones have consistently been in the 1.1 - 1.17 watts per kg range. Samsung's Galaxy phones are typically at about 0.3. The FCC allows a maximum of 1.6 watts/kg It's disappointing that Apple doesn't lead in this regard either, especially considering the potential links to brain cancer and the cause of death of their founder.
I would see how Sprint fares with the iPhone when your policy expires. Then I would upgrade to 4Gs unless you are willing to wait until Oct 2012
I don't think so. Mine is in December and it doesn't particularly make sense to me why, so I think we are all getting a boost. Maybe even if you had an iPhone before the 4 also, so they suspect you may upgrade.
So, so far the answer seems to be a..... "meh."
Hi. I'm on a late '09 21" iMac running Snow Leopard. I have not felt the pull to upgrade to Lion like I did for Leopard and Snow Leopard. In part I am holding off because my wife wants for us to get the magic trackpad, and so I figured if I upgraded, I'd do those two at the same time, just so everything felt fresh. Then, I also started contemplating upgrading my hard drive to a 1.5 or 2 TB drive (from my current 320GB), mostly because I've realized adding significant...
And AT&T starts to throttle unlimited data on 10/1...