or Connect

Posts by backtomac

I'm gonna miss my iDisk.
Another vote for AccountEdge. I demoed QB and the Money Works stuff and I found AE to be the best IMO.
Never have tried but interesting thought. I have done roll backs with VMWare Fusion and they "Just Work".
Or revert back to a smooth running snapshot.
I would like to run Snow Leopard in Parallels on Lion machines. I'm unable to migrate my business Macs to Lion as certain software I have are not yet Lion compatible.
If you want to move a file then you want to move it. Cut/copy/paste accomplishes the same goal but is less intuitive. Most people who move from Windows to Mac seem to struggle with this because its not just different from Windows its also frankly less intuitive. Its not an obstacle that cannot be overcome but its puzzling to many how Apple could have such an awkward method of manging files when most everything else is so much more intuitive. In general, Finder has never...
I must be getting old or Lion's Finder must be all that because I don't get all the love for Finder. Have people here forgotten what FTFF stands for? I think that Finder has gotten better but it still isn't as good at file management as Windows Explorer. If you copy and move a lot of files around WE is going to be better than Finder despite WE's garish user interface.
Me too.
That would be awesome. I don't know if Apple would do it but it would be Apple's answer for a "home" built pc. Except it would be drop dead easy, plug and play.
The 16 gb kit is two 8 gb modules. That's why its ungodly expensive. I've always bought crucial RAM and have had good results. OWC is also supposed to be very good.If you go to 16 gbs just get 4x4 gbs modules. That will be more economical that 2x 8 gb modules. You have 4 RAM slots in that iMac so there is no need to get the 2x 8 gb modules. Unless you know that your going to need 16 gbs of RAM just get two more 2 gbs modules and stay at 8 gbs of RAM total. That's more than...