or Connect

Posts by backtomac

The word Cook was looking for was 'frienemy'. He just couldn't remember it.
Thanks.
Yeah thats my problem. I have 6 work stations and one server at my office. Whats the best way to upgrade all these machines? Even .x updates can take hours on the weekend.
Whoa... a blast from the past. Where have you been for the last 2-3 years?
Yeah I'm disappointed that GK isn't more capable of nuking malware. I wish that GK was capable of disabling an application that initially has a signature stamp but was later found to be malware.
But I think it is black and white and I think Apple will and should break non signed apps if a user chooses to only have MAS store and signed apps on their computer. But this is a good compromise for users like me who have apps, MacPractice and SpringCharts EHR, that are not and likely will not ever show up in the MAS. But these developers will almost assuredly apply for the digital ID and have signed apps. Their business model does not work for MAS store distribution. I...
I guess I'm going to be in the minority but I think Apple's approach on this is perfect. If you want to download anything then click that box. But defaulting to MAS and trusted developers will enhance security and that just makes for a better end user experience.
Like the Siri suggestions. Otherwise I'm very happy with iOS 5. It is so smooth, polished and refined that it leaves me wanting for little. In fact I'm happy just with my meager 3gs now that it has iOS 5. I was going to get a 4s when it came out but I think I can wait for the next iPhone now that I have iOS 5 on my 3gs.
Final Cut Pro X should have been released last year as Final Cut Express X and this should have been released now as Final Cut Pro X. Would have prevented a lot of gnashing of teeth.
They ought to make him CEO. He can't be worse than that retard they just promoted.