or Connect

Posts by backtomac

I'm sure that there are some families with $600 or $700 budget that will go ahead and get an iPad. But I'll bet there are plenty who simply won't. Just who do you think bought those 4 million Kindles in December? If they sell the iPad 2 at $399, that will help quite a bit. It would be even better if they could get down to $299. The iPad 2 is still a very capable tablet and should be for some time. It would be insane to just discontinue it once the iPad 3 is available....
I'd really like to see 16 gbs of flash for that machine at that price but I'm not sure Apple could manage that price. Then again 16 gbs of flash ought to cost what 8 gbs of flash cost 2 years ago when the original iPad came out.
I'm with you on this one. Ars is reporting that Amazon sold 4 million Kindles in December. While they didn't break out how many sold were Fires I think its safe to assume that its not an insignificant number. I bet a $299 iPad 2 would blunt the sales of the Fire.... and fast too. It would also give MS quite a bit of heart burn as well with Win 8 coming out sometime in 2012. That would make it much more difficult for Win 8 tablets to gain traction.
It gonna need one. Seriously though, if you look at the diagrams its not obvious what happens to the water that is produced.
What happens to the water?
I've not migrated from MM to iCloud yet and I'm going to wait to see if they make changes to improve usability.
Throw more money at them.Seriously, do whatever it takes. I have MM and its a very so so service IME. I like the interface and the features offered in MM. Like you, I really would like an iDisk replacement. AccountEdge software has a hook into MM and allows you to back up to iDisk automagically when you close the app which is really nice. I'm really going to miss that feature.But the MM in general lacks polish. iDisk can be frustratingly slow at times and occasionally,...
Yes! I totally agree. There FTFY.
That's why I believe Apple should get into auto NAV systems. What works in one environment does not necessarily work in another. Cars need their own user interfaces that are optimized for safety while operating the vehicle.
The watch just seems to function as a secondary display for the phone and a crappy one at that. It was funny how the guy went through all these contortions to show how if you look at the missed calls on the watch they would appear when you pull out your phone and unlock the screen. Only problem is that it seemed more difficult to use the watch for this than just pulling out the phone and checking notifications. Epic fail IMO. Well the blind spot concern is valid. But I...