or Connect

Posts by jimmac

Speaking of history I can see the emperor still has no clothes.
About the budget and what's going on in congress now days. Can you say political suicide for the GOP? If they let the government shut down........well if you think their numbers are low now just watch. And it's not that long until another election which lets those guys have a job! Personally I'd rather them not cause a shut down but if they do I'm not sure many of those congressmen on the GOP side will be coming back. They need to ditch the Tea party idiots and become...
That was his name! Thank you!
  Someone who used to be a mod and a Bush supporter ( until he saw the light ). He hasn't been here for a long time but I found new respect for this guy after he saw that what Bush was doing was more harm than good. I'm trying to remember the guy's handle. I seem to remember he was from Texas. When I do I'll post it here.   Ps. I seem to remember his name was " grover " or something like that. And he wasn't the only one. I argued at the time it was nonsense and that we'd...
  Why should we make a similar mistake? Fool me once shame on you.  Fool me twice shame on me! Bush couldn't even get that one right :   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A   By the way how's those clothes?
He just doesn't remember what happened when we did that last time. And you know we didn't declare war then but we were there for more than a decade. All the conservative types around here at the time were saying it was a quick in and out sort of situation. I said at the time it was more like Vietnam and we would be tied up there for years. In the end no WMD and many lives and dollars spent but good ol' dubbya and the hawks got their way ( and yes SDW some others were...
 Ah Geez!
  Yes it's an older design. There's a guy up in Portland Oregon that designs reactors and he says if they had used his newer design the problems they had would have never happened. As far as Fusion goes I'd be surprised if we don't have a working model in less than 20 years now. One of the problems is that research in this area isn't very well funded. However they'd better get on the stick. Our appetite for energy doesn't seem to be getting less. In this article there's a...
  While we've gotten better at it over the years fission is still fraught with problems by it's very nature. What happened in Japan after the quake a couple of years ago is a good example. Fusion would be a much better, efficient, and safer process if we could just work out the problems of temperature and containment. And we're getting closer every...
Thanks for your opinion and quips as well. Sorry. I enjoyed Star Wars however I was more of a Star Trek kind of guy.   Also One of the reasons I provide links to my arguments ( besides quoting someone who's more knowledgeable and might be able to explain it better than myself ) is to show that it's not just " My " opinion.