or Connect

Posts by aresee

Yes: Any user should be able to change their own password. No: It should be impossible for anyone else to change a users password without the original users permission. This is usually done by requiring the old password when changing to a new password. And this should be the case even with physical access and the user being logged in. (An exception is for an admin to reset a users password as needed.)Nor should a user be required to get an admins' permission to change...
You need to be an administrator to install updates. It sounds like you are attempting to update from a Standard User account. In which case you should had been asked to have an administrator authorize the update. In which case you will be given a dialog box where you enter the Administrator Accounts' User Name and Password. The Administrator Account is the first account you created when you initially set up your computer. (Though you can latter change this account into a...
An idea put about for hiding unwanted apps is to create a folder and putting the unwanted (and undeletable) apps in it.
If your getting your Mac news from this site only you are screwed. This is a rumor site and as such most of what's said has to be taken with a large grain of salt and a very good BS detector. You should also be reading true Mac news sites like MacWorld (http://www.macworld.com/), The Mac Observer (http://www.macobserver.com/) and TidBITS (http://www.tidbits.com/). None of these are rumor sites and were all screaming about the lost of Rosetta and other issues. One or more...
Along these lines check to see if any of your other applications are sending any email alerts, alarms or notifications.
No, you won't be storing all your data in iCloud. There's not enough room. Take yourself, how will you squeeze 180GB of data into 5GB. Nor are you alone, Apple doesn't sell any iOS device with as little as 5GB. I am interested in seeing how 100+ GB Macs/PCs will sync with 16/32/64 GB iPads/iPhones/iPods when only 5 gigs can be in the cloud.
If these are Flash videos, ClickToFlash will be stopping their downloads. That's what it does. What you should be seeing for Flash is gray boxes with the word Flash inside where the video should be. Clicking on the word Flash will instruct ClickToFlash to start downloading the Flash object you clicked on. Adobe Flash is a browser plug-in. To see it in Safari go to Help > Installed Plug-ins. You can also fine the plug-in in HD > Library > Internet Plug-ins
I don't like the changes. Due to a hard drive failure in an older intel iMac I had to reload OS 10.6 and had a problem with 802.11n not connecting. (802.11g would connect.) Went to the discussion groups like before to see what other people had tried. But the search with the best responses ("imac wifi not connected") came back with a flood of iPad and iPhone responses. I eventually found under Search Options an ability to limit my search to iMac(Intel) but I got an error...
This metaphor isn't that good either. Assuming that China has a law against hacking someone else's server (like in the US and other places). You would go to China and file both a criminal complaint and a civil complaint against the hacker. Hoping to punish him for the harm/offense he did to you. Meanwhile you will go and beef up your server defenses.I'm curious, what is the legal ramifications of stealing and using an encryption key? As more and more people work and store...
It sounds like you have two separate networks setup. I suspect that you have the Airport Base Station set to provide local IP addresses to your "n" network and to its ethernet network including the E3000. Next you have the E3000 set to provide its own IP addresses to its "g" network. Your printer needs to be on the same network as the iDevices in order for them to see it. It will not work if it is on different networks. What you need is one network. What I would do is to...