or Connect

Posts by Tipton

Glad you asked that question, I had to backtrack what I did. At first I disconnected the computer from the Internet, connected it to just the router, and entered "ping 255.255.255.255" from the terminal, entered "cntrl-c" to stop it, and then "arp -a" to see the results. The result was:   ? (17.171.4.35) at (incomplete) on en0 ifscope [ethernet] ? (192.168.0.2) at (incomplete) on en0 ifscope [ethernet] ? (224.0.0.251) at 1:0:5e:0:0:fb on en0 ifscope permanent...
Safari times out and doesn't load anything after setting the temporary IP, the same result after trying ssh and telnet.   Muppetry, actually the router assigned the address to itself. I had changed the configuration of the LAN from static to dhcp, but realized I wanted it to be static so I changed it back but didn't set the address. I left and came back later to finish configuring it but couldn't get back in because the address had been set to 224.0.0.251.   I think...
No, I'm not connecting wirelessly. It's connected to one of the LAN ports by ethernet.
Yes, I'm sure it's running ssh server and that the main user is root rather than admin. I tried telnet and got the same error as ssh.
I'm trying to connect to my router (Vizio xwr100 with openwrt installed), but can't because its IP address is out of range. The previous configuration got messed up and its address is set to 224.0.0.251. When I try to access it using the browser interface, I get the following error: "Safari can't open the page "http://224.0.0.251/". The error is: "The operation couldn't be completed. Address family not supported by the protocol family"...
I have the same headphones and use a headband or head tie to keep it secure while doing sprints. However, instead of listening to music, I use it as an audio stopwatch. I made recordings where I call out the count every ten seconds, and every second at prescribed intervals and at the end so I can hear my splits and final time without having to look down at my watch or reaching over to press a button.
I have a slightly (un)related comment. I would recommend getting a Phillips iPhone Mic. This way, you can use it with any set of headphones. You can find these at Target for about $10. When you order your headphones, order it with a cord somewhere between 10 to 18 inches so that the mic hangs by your lapel and that you don't have extra cord dangling around. The exact length depends on the type of headphone and how you wear your headset (wrap around ear or let it hang...
The Sony Ericsson Hi-Fi Bluetooth Headset with FM Radio might work. It has a 3.5mm jack, so you can remove the headphones, insert a splitter, and connect one audio cable to your speakers, and one to your sub. I'm not sure whether or not you can permanently connect the bluetooth device to the charger, you may have to recharge it periodically. I'm also not sure whether the iPad supports AirTunes. But, if it does, you could get an AirPort Express and send the music over...
With cloud based sync and iPhone OS, this could be a path to making the iPad a stand alone product, not requiring a desktop computer.
This would be more useful for the iPad since it's plugged into a wall socket for charging rather than the computer.