or Connect

Posts by ak1808

I also think that it is sort of confusing with its 3 different lists: Buddy list, Jabber and Bonjour. I would like to have them all in one, and I would like to have as many features as possible work with Jabber. Also, the "get-an-account" feature is just scary. It always seems like you have to subscribe to Dot-Mac to use it. That is absolutely prohibitive. I would really love to use iChat, but even with Mac users, the confusing interface/account setup makes it difficult...
I guess if the executive of a multi-billion-dollar company is using it (successfully), I should be just fine...
Exactly. Thanks AI!
Thanks for the great review of Preview ;-). Look's really good. Exactly the tools people need. I sometimes get 5 MB BMP screenshots from clients annotated with MS Paint for Windows. Seems like the Apple engineers got these too... I also never ever like drawers. Just another item that you need to fiddle with. Push it in or pull it out, it never seems to fit right. Plus it looks ugly.
A new way for radio stations to make money? Would only be fair: They spread the word about a song, if people buy it, they should get comissions. That's a great thing!
GREAT!
To do data->speech->data is truly wasteful! We have GPRS anyway, so that makes no sense... But: You could use this to send text messages to voice-only phones (landline?), and have the receiver hear and audible message (however this can also be done as a network service, I don't think it makes sense to put that logic into the handset). Also, you could automatically extract interesting pieces of data, like numbers, addresses, URLs from Voice Mails/Calls you receive....
So, now that there's more information I wanted to update this topic: This is from an analyst: "Surprisingly, iPod ASPs remain flat at $160. This is evidence that the digital media player market remains healthy." If that's the case, this would be a strong argument for not meddling with the iPod nano line too much. If people are still picking up iPods at 10 Mln/Quarter, the cannibalisation by low-end handsets cannot be that big. This alone would lead me to assume that Apple...
Topic: 270.000 iPhones, only 5 Million$? Hey, thank you all for your interesting posts!! So to collect: - calculated only 1/24, because of 24 months (but it still doesn't fit) - calculated based on 30 hours in the quarters (fits pretty well) - excludes money that AT&T still has to pay - includes accessoires, which sell at lower price points (CC contradicts that!) So basically we don't know, and just have to trust Apple's accounting. I don't get that: Why didn't the...
What I don't get is this: 270,000 iPhones this quarter at $499 each, makes a nice revenue: 270,000x$499 = $134,730,000 Deferred over 24 months (=8 quarters), for the current quarter the revenue is: $134,730,000/8 = $16,841,250 However, Apple only posted $5,000,000. Where is the rest? Said payments from AT&T? Am I missing something?