or Connect

Posts by ak1808

While I think you are right on the OSX/multitouch advantage and the iPhone branding, I think it would not address "the threat" appropriatly. A multitouch nano (assumingly provider-locked) would be too expensive for most users. I believe Apple needs to rapidly get a large piece of the market in MP3-phones. If they don't, the iPhone might be very popular in the future, but mid-term they will loose their dominating role in music to the handset makers, when all contracts are...
This is purely based on my analysis of the market situation and recent rumours. If you enjoy such speculations, please read on, and please post your opinion. :-) Apple will replace the iPod nano line with an iPhone nano lineup at existing price points The device Instead of a touchscreen like the iPhone, it will use a back-illuminated touchpad that can function as a "clickwheel", "number pad" or "text pad" interface. It will have GSM, no SIM lock and be world-wide...
I think that they will replace the iPod nano line with an iPhone nano at the same price points. No touchscreen, but instead a back-illuminated touchpad that can do a "clickwheel" and a "number pad" or "text pad" mode. GSM, no SIM-lock, world-wide availble immediately. Why? The price difference between a 4GB nano and a 4GB Sandisk has gone to 100$, which basically shows how cheap flash memory has gotten. Now, they could obivously do the same as last year: Change the...
Thank you.
Virtual Keyboard: 95% of mobile phones today use a number pad to input text. iPhones keyboard will be a vast improvement for the vast majority of phone users.
It does.As I said, the stacks give you a preview of the actual content, so they are very differet from the old-school folders. Now maybe it doesn't make so much sense to compose icons like this. Maybe its more confusing/unnessecary/etc. But you asked: Why is the Dock 3D? And this is the answer. Stacks are 3D, and very naturally so.Yes, exactly. It's not perfect. The target is a Dock at the bottom, but it is not worth to sacrifice the dock's freedom for this metaphor.As you...
Reason for the 3D effect: The stacks display a mixed icon which is composed of the icons/thumbnails of the individual items in the stack. As they are "stacked" upon each other, a 3D effect makes sense. In this context, the dock, containing the stacks, also has to be 3D. Reason for the reflection: Think about a pool of clear water. As you approach with a stick, the sticks reflection appears. As you submerge the stick, the water keeps reflectig the remaining part. This is...
Dear Forum, I'm looking for a cheap webcam to attach to an iBook G4 and use with Skype. Do you have any recommendations? If you write, please include the manufacturer and the model name. Thanks so much already! Andreas
Why would you hook up a beautiful little computer to a dirty old keyboard, mouse and monitor? This is for a niche of nickle-pinchers and media-center freaks. It is simply not a mainstream computer. Axe it!
If it tricks me so nicely, why should I care? Blue pill anyone?