or Connect

Posts by Ireland

This is way more than a name change, but I also this the name change will actually prove quite important for this product. Branding and naming matter. If iPhone was called the TX75LL390 it wound't have seemed anywhere near as accessible to consumers.
BOOM!
Are the black and white scanned docs Samsung ones?
 But I'm not assuming anything. Steve was not just particular, he was alive when iOS had this feature. Gruber even argues that iOS 7 wouldn't have shipped under Steve's watch and I agree with him.  Do I have to record a video to show you how it worked on iOS 6. HERE... 
Not a compelling argument you're making. And I'm arguing they continue to sell Apple TV. Obviously the TV would be more powerful than an Apple TV. And yes, the way the world will very likely be in 15 years should be of interest to Apple. But depending on who innovates in this space we're more likely talking 8 - 10 years. In 8 to 10 years pretty much everyone you know will be rocking a new TV and those TVs will be smart, and will have apps like Netflix and others built in....
 Smart TVs will be called smart because in an of themselves in one box they will a lot of functions, internet connectivity and apps. If Netflix continues to improve and eventually offers some kind of attractive plus plan with all the shows people want and there's a Netflix app and ecosystem of games and apps built into every new TV sold there will be no need or desire for consumers to want an Apple TV box. "My TV does all that stuff." Because eventually everyone will have...
Interesting point about games on OS X, Marvin.   Also interesting about Nintedo, Ingsoc. $17B is a lot of money though. And that's if the smell of an acquisition didn't skyrocket the market cap. All things considered I think Marvin's idea that Apple purchase a high-level IDE it's more suited to Apple inn 2014. I know, I know, I mentioned companies you'd love Apple to buy, so Nintendo is a perfect fix for that, but I think it'd make more sense were Nintendo at a $2B...
 Bullshit. Absolute bullshit. This affects the experience. It's crucial. These are the details that separate an Android from an iOS. If Tim and Ive are not concerned with this stuff, but I am, then God have mercy. Steve wouldn't have stood for this. And in fact he didn't. Steve rang Google’s senior vice president of engineering, Vic Gundotra on a Sunday to complain that the yellow in the Google logo on the mobile site on iPhone wasn't the correct shade of yellow. And Steve...
TV SUBSCRIPTION!!! 3 years later still hasn't happened. Shame, 'cause if they had an all-you-can-eat TV subscription option for Apple TV that would provide them an opportunity to sell a fully fledged hardware TV product down the line. Try this: TV subscription package $40 per month on Apple TV (really it should cost $30, but they charge $40 when subscribing through Apple TV), or $599 up front for their TV plus $60 per month on a two-year contract and you get the iTV...
Is that based on the renowned scientific Zuckerberg/Whitman metric?