or Connect

Posts by skinnyalbert

Hello, Entourage is the Mac Outlook and has contacts, calendar included in this program. Mac provides similiar solutions but they are seperate programs - Mail, iCal = calendar and Address Book. I don't use Entourage and rarely use Mail or iCal, so I can't say much for pro's and con's.
Hello, I was working on a friends ibook running 10.2. I created a new user, and made some shortcuts on the dock. They will be using dial up so I downloaded the NetZero software. I was unable to unstuff. I then realized that not only was stuff-it expander missing, but the entire utilities folder in Applications is gone. I realized this after I downloaded Stuff-it and the system didn't know what to do with a .dmg. I don't have my friends 10.2 install CD. Is...
Hi all, Here is an update in case this helps anyone identify the problem. i pressed - The Button - it gave me power - i.e. the light stayed lit and and the fans started. it booted to a grey screen with a folder/question mark. I then started looking up what this would mean, but the g4 then powered down. It seemed to power up for less time every time I turned it on. I replaced the 3.6 V battery. It wasn't suggested in this thread, but I saw an article about...
Hello, I have a G4 Quicksilver that won't boot. The power button will light when pressed, but there is no display and the light quickly fades when released. This seems consistent with the need to reset PRAM http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=2238 but I've not had any luck with this. I'm holding the power button along with CMD,OPT, P & R. The area of the computer recently became very dusty as we had a furnace issue. I believe the apple was on during...
Hello, I have 2 users and 2 macs at home, both users are admin on each mac. USER A logs into MAC A, and USER B logs into MAC B. The logins aren't important for privacy. We've each set up the MAC with shortcuts to our liking, but only under the login we use on each mac. I use Chronosynch and often have permissions issues on synching files between the two macs. Sometimes files will show created by USER A, and the default permisions is Read/Only for others. We can...
OK... thanks for the response. It may be more of a windows question.
Hi all, Did I post in the wrong area.. or just no interest in this question? If anyone can offer assistance it would be appreciated. Thank you,
Hello, Our IT guy keeps complaining that people are leaving files open on the Windows 2000 server when it needs a reboot. There is only 1 Mac at work. I looked at the server and it does show many files open in "Read" status. There are not any open files on the Mac, but these files were worked on earlier. Since the file is only open as "Read" (and not Read/Write) I assume the files would not be corrupted from a reboot. Is this a known phenom? I'd love to...